Friday, April 6, 2012

A post in which it is the first full day of Frolicon*

Rhonda and I awoke this morning fairly late (for me anyway). Rhonda had an aggressive agenda of classes she wanted to attend, and apparently had already missed one. We got cleaned up, breakfasted, and went downstairs to start the day.

The first class I went to was one on pony play. It is something I am curious about. My very first scene I did I went into draft horse headspace. At the time, I thought it was exceedingly odd. I didn't even know there was such a thing as pony play at the time. Then I read Carrie's Story, which opened up a whole new world for me. The presenters were a pair who were vastly experienced, having won many ribbons and competitions. They did a good "101" type presentation. The trainer was an older guy who was very hot. He had on really great boots too. His ponygirl was doing a lot of the talking, and she was informative, but was really focusing more on mechanics and possibilities for scenes than on the mental side of it, which was my interest. They closed the class with her in pony gear, and some guys took the reins and put her through some steps. It was interesting, but really I wanted less to see reins than to know what they felt like, and how to access that space. But then headspace is very personal. It would be almost impossible to address that in a class, but it would have made a good topic for discussion.

The next class I went to was on switching. Switching refers to someone who can play either a dominant or submissive role depending on the situation. There is a certain stigma in the community towards switches, as there is in the gay community towards bi-sexuals. I was hoping for a discussion on that in the class, but it was geared more towards multi-level poly households where there were submissives with people in service to them, etc. Interesting, but really not relevant to me at all.

The interesting thing about the class was that it was taught by a woman with a big rep in the community, CG. Now CG and I have met before. She knows Russ and Billy very well, and we celebrated her birthday with her last year. At the time, I was very drawn to her, as I am to dominant women. Her energy was very compelling to me. But she is a lesbian, and had two bois in service to her, and generally just keeps her schedule loaded. I didn't figure she was interested in me at all, but I enjoyed talking to her on the way to dinner and back. I love to play between the lioness's paws. She didn't deign to move her paws for me, but she did twitch the tip of her tail and watch me chase it for a while for her amusement. I very much enjoyed just that interaction. CG is a very experienced player.

When I related this anecdote today in class, she said "We should really talk after class. I was maintaining a respectful distance." I had that delicious frisson down my spine that I get when a Domme checks me out. That lovely eek/yay feeling. Unfortunately I can't play this weekend because of the blood thinners. Dammit. And about that time I got a text from Russ that they were going to lunch. I was torn, but ended up ducking out of class early and hotfooting it across the street to Ruby Tuesday's, the only restaurant around the hotel. Russ, Logan and I had a spot of lunch and talked about the morning.

When we got back to the hotel, I went to my room to rest for a while, and they went to prepare for the all-male play party. This was the only all male event this weekend. I wanted to go, but I was torn. Russ called me to tell me there were about 15 guys there - the most they have had (this is a primarily hetero event). I decided I wasn't going to rest anyway, and went downstairs to check it out. Pickings were pretty slim. The two guys from last night were there (and as hot as ever), but seemed really into each other. There was one cute guy doing a scene with multiple tops (lucky him) and it was hot to watch, but frankly, I was horny.

I talked to Russ, Billy and Logan, and then noticed our friend Jeff there. Now Jeff is incindiarily hot. I've admired him for years, but he's het and has a girl that he plays with. He's a very talented rope top, and does elaborate Kinbaku scenes. I've always wanted him to tie me up, but didn't want to be the 'creepy gay guy' because I kind of letch over him. He has this great laid-back-but-in-charge Daddy energy that is just hot, even if he wasn't a really great-looking guy. I talked to him for a bit, but was kind of getting mixed signals from him. It's awkward for me this weekend too because I can't play, so I don't have much to offer in the dungeon. Eventually I just kind of moved off. I wasn't sure what he wanted, and was afraid I didn't have it to offer right now.

There was another really cute guy there in a Superman t-shirt, but he was making out with another guy. The other guy frankly wasn't nearly as good-looking as Superguy was, and I was pretty surprised to see them together. They broke clench though, and I started to notice Superguy giving me the eye. Eventually, I just thought why the hell not? and walked over and started mackin' on him. He didn't seem to mind, and one thing let to another. His name is Scott. We ended up having a nice visit. I was glad that I went down to the play party.

Afterwards, he moved on (he's volunteering at the event), and I had some dinner, changed, and went back downstairs. I met up with the guys and we hung out for a while. Jo Ann and Rob were ensconced in the karaoke atrium. It was actually fairly painful. I have a really hard time watching bad karaoke; and let's face it, most of it is pretty heinous. Jo Ann kept encouraging me to go up there, and of course I can't. My singing voice is gone, probably for good.

There was a line to get into the dungeon. I milled around for a while and talked to some people, but eventually decided to turn in. It has been a long and good day, but I was wiped.

No comments: