Saturday, April 7, 2012

A post in which it is another Frolicon day*

I woke this morning to a text from Scott. He was on his way in, and wanted to see me. And lucky me.

I got up and performed my ablutions with a light heart. Marty and Petal sent a text that they were on the way up as well. So I breakfasted in a room filled with happy chatter and good spirits. I finished up and Marty was just leaving as Scott came in. He was on a break and came up for a little canoodle. Lovely way to start the day. I've never been one to pluck an ingenue, but his energy is incredibly sweet. He is totally open, gets an expression of such surprise on his face, as if he can't believe what he's doing, even as he's doing it. It's pretty amazing. And delicious. Like ice cream. It's hard to describe.

By the time all this was over I had missed most of the morning classes. I wandered downstairs, having been told by Russ that Big Red was in residence and looking for me. I saw her at the coffee bar, looking gorgeous as always, and accompanied by Myz Shea and Jaimie. I went over to greet her properly and fill her in on my condition. I was talking to Myz Shea also, knowing that Jaimie would want to know what was going on, and that she could overhear, yet not directly engaging her. While I was talking to Myz Shea, Dillan came up and started to play with her behind. "Someone's playing with my ass! Who is it?" Myz Shea delightedly queried. "Now that's a Frolicon question." I replied. As Jaimie eagerly agreed, she started to go into 'buddy mode'. It felt weird, and wrong, and made me a little bit angry. I excused myself and moved on. There was a little, tiny part of myself, of which I am not proud, that took a bit of satisfaction in thinking that Jaimie's feelings may have been a little hurt. I'm not proud of it, but I felt it.

I moseyed back upstairs in hopes of getting my boots blacked. I was wearing my favorite pair of sadly abused boots and they were in need of some love. When I got up there I was distracted by the vendor area, and went in to have a look 'round. I ran into Archer, and gave him a hug. I also bought a shirt from him on superdiscountmarkdown for $4 (!!). Anything even slightly kink related is usually ridiculously expensive at any kind of event (I shudder to think the rents they have to pay to sell at these things), so it was a major bargain.

When I made it back to the boot-blacking station, it was manned - joy! Consort Michael was on duty, and immediately claimed the job of doing my boots. But there was a line. Eventually he got free, then took a potty break, then a smoke break, then realized he was out of time. With much ceremony he turned me over to Andy to have my boots blacked. Andy is a former titleholder and mentored Michael, as well as a helluva boi, so I was in good hands. Andy gently tut-tutted when he saw the state of my poor boots and got to work putting them to rights. They looked worlds better when he got done, but I'm having to face the fact that they aren't going to last forever. I'm wondering if I can get them re-soled.

By the time that was done it was almost time for a class I wanted to go to on tea service. The woman that taught the class was very nice, and her husband was gor-JUS! - whew. But although I did pick up a fact or two I didn't know, I thought the class was going to be on formal tea service, and the first thing she told us was that it was not. Sigh. But the class was very popular, which is encouraging to me.

When I got out of class I went back to the room to lie down for a bit. I'd been waiting for Scott to get off work all day, and he finally did. He came up to see me for a bit, but then he wanted to go see some of the con. I couldn't blame him.

I went down to the atrium, watched a bit of Logan's dance party, and waited for Rhonda to get out of her class. I got a text from Rob and Jo Ann that they were going to dinner at Ruby Tuesday's, so in due course I collected Rhonda and we headed over there. I was delighted to see that James was accompanied by the comely and charming Molly - I had heard that she wasn't around any longer. They had also picked up a charming young woman who had come all the way from London (!!) to go to the con.

I have to confess here that I've been pretty rough on James. He's a good looking guy, but he's very aware of that, and his cockiness at times crosses the fine line into assholism. But I have an issue with straight guys, particularly those of the muy macho variety. But he has been conspicuously charming (especially for him) to me this weekend, despite (I suspect) pretty good reason not to, and we connected today while chatting in the boot black line in a surprising moment of mutual comprehension.

It was a good thing that the company was charming. We waited about 45 minutes for a table, and then two hours (!!) for food. I finally called the waitress over and asked that my entree be cancelled. I'd had salad and an appetizer, and had waited so long I was no longer hungry. Plus, tonight was THE night of the con and I wanted to see some of it, and I had been waiting for Scott to get off work all day. As it turned out, I saved myself very little time. It took me so long to get paid out that the gang had been served and had mostly finished eating by the time I finally was able to leave.

I got back to the room, changed, and went back down. By that time the party was in full swing. There were people in all kinds of costumes, some naked, some in rope harness, and several furries roaming around. It was quite a kerfuffle.

I managed to catch up with most of the gang, in the atrium again, watching bad karaoke. There was one woman who was pretty good, but most of them were pretty awful. They were trying to rally everyone for a scene with Daniel, a friend of ours. He's very cute, and is going to demo for a saline injection class, but hadn't done it. Jo Ann and Russ were going to do a saline injection on his scrotum in the dungeon. Needles aren't my thing, but since I couldn't play I wanted to at least see it.

Eventually, everyone got changes and ready for the scene - it was quite a production with the crowds and all the gear. We went into the dungeon, and they started the scene, but the attention was promptly stolen. There was one guy at the con who stood out for sheer cuteness and he was in the dungeon in a wrestling singlet. Man, did he look HOT. He had a cute friend with him who was interested in Logan, but the friend was a very ardent foot fetishist. He wanted to mess with Logan's feet, and Logan is very self-conscious about his feet. Eventually, a small scene was negotiated, and the guy took his shirt off. His body was gorgeous. I usually don't like hairless guys, but his chest and abs looked like carved ivory, and he had reddish blond hair, which really does it for me. He also had light eyelashes, which I love. But his looks were the least of it. He was so incredibly into what Logan was doing that he was just throwing energy off! Within about 5 minutes, he was flying and so was everyone watching the scene. It was incredibly sexy.

Russ and Jo Ann finished up the saline injection on Daniel, much to his delight, and he went off to show his enlarged scrotum to people.

I was pretty wiped out. It had been a long and good day. I said goodnight and headed back to the room for a snack before bed. Just as I got back to the room (after a blessedly short wait for the elevator) the fire alarm went off. I really had no idea what to do. I was flashing on the fire at the Cocoanut Grove. I was thinking there was no way to get all those people out of the hotel. A voice came on over the intercom, and asked us to stay where we were while they checked out the alarm. After periodic bursts from the alarm system for the next half hour, they eventually told us that everything was OK. I turned in gratefully.

No comments: