Friday, April 27, 2012

A post in which plans are changed

I had a good day at work today.  It was Friday, and payday (yay!), and I was pretty much caught up on my month stuff.  I got the paperwork back from California on my two last-minute write-offs, and was able to get them submitted before I left.

I had vowed to stop online shopping, but it was a slow day, and I decided to look for things I can't find.  I do that sometimes.  Well I found one of them.  I found some men's cotton terrycloth scuffs for sale.  It doesn't sound like a huge accomplishment, but I'll tell you they are scarce as freakin' hen's teeth.  The last ones I found online sold for about $30.  I just won't pay that for slippers.  But even Perry Ellis (who made the last slippers I loved) has moved to that &^%^%$$##@!! polystyrene terrycloth, which really kind of defeats the purpose.  So when I found some reasonably priced ones I ordered two pairs.   That only set me back $17 (including shipping).  I also bought some Family Guy DVD sets on Amazon.  But they were on superdiscountmarkdown, and two sets only cost me $12 (also including shipping), so I didn't do too badly there. 

I had my evening all planned and was looking forward to it, but Russ got a migraine because of the weather change and called it off.  I went and got Rhonda anyway.  She needed to get out of the house for a while, and I wanted the company. 

We discussed going to see The Pirates! Band of Misfits tonight, but the show times were all wonky.   It was either 7ish (which means you have to rush through dinner, or eat really late); or 9ish, which puts you out of the movie 11ish.  That's just too late for yours truly to be out right now after working all day. 

We decided to eat at Don Pablo's because I wanted some more of those gorgeous Cantina Nachos.  Also, Rhonda had a coupon, which just made it that much better.  The nachos were a lot bigger than I remembered, but were just as delicious as I remembered, so I had no problems polishing them off, and then finishing Rhonda's dinner, and then eating most of a plate of sopapillas.  They make the best sopapillas I have ever eaten - they are gorgeously delicious.

So after we had eaten until I couldn't move, we debated what to do.  I wanted to do something for Rhonda, so I decided to take her to see the Baby Ho Sto (aka Club Tabby).  She was pretty much as enthralled as I figured she would be.  While I was standing there contemplating the back room where they have birthday parties (complete with dress-up clothes and a stage with a runway), one of the guys (who looked amazingly heterosexual) running the place was like "Don't you want to have your birthday party here?"  OK that was pretty funny.  We looked around for a bit and gasped over the prices, and then left.

I decided I wanted to look at shoes, because I still need new brown shoes for work.  We wandered into Dillards, but then I decided that Rack Room Shoes was really more my price point.   Although I hadn't seen much in there I was wild about the last couple of times I was in there, I found a couple of pairs I liked tonight.  Rhonda was there to offer her opinions as well, which is helpful.  I like having a second opinion.  About the second or third pair I tried on made my feet look amazingly small (through some act of wizardry I really don't want to contemplate) and they were SOLD.  We looked for Rhonda a pair, and I looked for a second pair, since they had a BOGO 50% sale on, but we didn't find anything else to suit either of us, and I had spent quite enough money already - particularly with the beach trip next week (!!!).

By the time we made it out of the mall and back to Rhonda's place, I was ready to get in my bed.  So I dropped her off, went home, and did so. 

No comments: