Saturday, April 21, 2012

A post in which some things get done, and others do not*

I had thought I would go to the flea market this morning, but never made it. I did make some of that Trader Joe's veggie sausage, and it was telish. I had biscuits with snausage, egg, cheese, and sliced tomato for brekkie. Lovely!

Before/while I was eating, I fell into the internet vortex for a while. Eventually I dragged myself out enough to put some blankets in to wash, and run to the store. Khavis came to cut the grass. I heard from Dana and we set up plans for a visit to their house tonight. I ordered (yet another) bear shirt (and promised myself it is the last one for a while - or at least until after the beach - but it was really cute and I just couldn't resist). So some things did get done.

I picked up some brussels sprouts at the grocery store and put them in to steam, but never ended up pan-searing them off as I had intended. I was also going to bake a pan of brownies for tonight. That didn't happen either. There were only going to be four of us, and none of us really need them. Rhonda has been wanting some, but she's diabetic, so I feel conflicted about making sweets for her (even though she's been doing very well lately). But the time constraints made it an easy decision today. I once again put off taking my temple rubbing to be re-framed. I do that pretty much every Saturday now. As much as I'd like to have it re-done (I've always hated the cheap frame that came with it), I'm rationalizing at the moment that it's a bad time to have it done and that I need to wait until after the beach trip.

I also had a buddy come by for a little bit and we had a very nice visit. That didn't help me with time management, but it sure helped my disposition and mood.

When he left I was feeling excessively relaxed. I got cleaned up, packed up the backpack, and headed out at a fairly leisurely pace. I went by Target, where they nicely took back the wrong-sized underwear, even though I had cut the bag. I went and got another package, making triple-sure they were the right size. I also picked up a cool pair of Stewie Griffin lounge pants that were on clearance for $5. At that price, I really couldn't leave them.

I picked up Rhonda and we went to Miss Kat and Dana's for game night. We were the only ones to go. Russ, Billy, and Logan had an SCLock event to attend tonight, and Rob and Jo Ann had driven up from Savannah to go.

I hadn't seen Miss Kat and Dana since before Frolicon. By the time we got settled in and caught up, ordered a pizza for dinner, and told them all the Frolicon news, we pretty had much forgotten about playing games and it was too late to start one. Miss Kat had made a lovely fruit fluff stuff for dessert out of Cool Whip and assorted fruit, topped with toasted coconut - Yummm! Miss Kat and Dana don't keep late nights, and I usually don't either these days. Still it was great to see them, and a very pleasant evening. I ran Rhonda home, then headed to my place to turn in.

No comments: