Monday, August 30, 2010

A post in which there is much to do

I talked to Nicole today. I had asked her about dinner one night this week, and we’re going tomorrow. I wanted to see her; it’s been a while and I’m trying to stay in better contact with her. I’ve come to dread the evenings at home by myself during the week. If I feel good enough to go out and do something I try to go on and do it.

It’s shaping up for a busy week this week though. I have tons o laundry to do since I played most of the weekend. I need to go by and see Dad – I haven’t seen him since he got out of the hospital. I’d also like to get in touch with Kimbley and Laura. I also talked to David yesterday and we made tentative plans to go out to dinner one night this week. I’d like to try to get to know him a little better.

And of course there are plenty of things I’d like to get done around the house before I go out of town next week. Tonight I focused on getting the house a bit in shape in case we ended up back here tomorrow night. I changed the sheets and washed the old ones, folded the laundry in the dryer (finally), made iced tea and put it in to chill. I also hauled off the recycling – that was desperately overdue to be done. I went by the grocery store on the way home, then realized I wasn’t in the one I needed to be in. When I went out to take the recycling I went to Publix downtown also. Then when I got home I cooked some pasta to go in red sauce for lunches to finish out the week. I hung my new picture from the weekend, and re-framed another since I had broken the old frame.

By the time I finished all that and cleaned up the kitchen I was pretty whooped.

No comments: