Saturday, August 28, 2010

A post in which it is a nice Saturday*

I woke up kind of sluggish again this morning. I didn’t really have any plans for early in the day except for vague notions of things I need to do in the house. Unsurprisingly, I was unexcited about that. The main event today was going to be seeing Miss Kat and dana.

While lying on the sofa waiting for my body to catch up with my consciousness, I fell into the internet vortex. While I was there, I started chatting with David on Bear411. I met David around New Year’s this year. We met up and really had a good time, but I was so wiped out afterwards I skipped a party. That was during the worst (so far) of the E-B shit. He’s a nice guy, and seems to be all about me, but we didn’t seem to have that much in common overall, and I was warned off of him, so I backed way off. But it was good talking to him today, and we ended up getting together again.

He is just as nice as I remembered, and just as sexy. We had a great time. I’m going to go out with him and see what happens. He’s a little bit eager on the trigger, but then again it would be nice to go out with someone who actually cares if I show up or not, right? And I’m not marrying him. We’re going to dinner.

After I got back from David’s I went home, ate some breakfast (I was ravenous) and then collapsed for a while. Miss Kat called about 1pm to tell me we were going shopping around 3pm, which was fine. I got cleaned up, did a few things around the house, and headed over there.

The agenda was to go to Garden Ridge. Miss Kat wanted some things for the house, and I believe she got most of it. She got a really pretty kitchen clock. I needed a glass trap frame anyway, and was happy to be along for the ride. They are already getting the Christmas decorations in (eek!). I also ended up buying an old-style sign for a soda brand that never existed. I don’t know quite where it’s going, but I couldn’t resist.

The new picture I bought today. Cute ain't it?

We spent a while in there, and by the time we got out we were all hungry. The original plan was to go to Olive Garden for supper. That’s fine with me – I’m not an anti-OG snob. But since we were so close anyway, I suggested that we go over to Five Guys. I’ve been wanting to go there for weeks. They agreed and we went. They said the burgers were good – the sandwich I had was good, and the fries were excellent. They were hand-cut there and fried up to potato-y goodness; tender on the inside and deliciously browned with crispy little corners on the outside. We had orders of regular and Cajun fries, but no one really cared for the Cajun ones. A small order of fries there is supposed to serve two (and would, quite adequately), but as I suspected I had not problem polishing off my whole order. Miss Kat was pleased that there was a Rita’s Italian Ice next door that was now selling custard, and we dropped in there afterwards for a spot of dessert.

With delighted (though very full) tummies, we headed back to their place and hung out. We watched a movie and they kept up with their Farmville farm – dana is a great devotee. It was a nice day.

No comments: