Friday, August 6, 2010

A post in which I am ready for the weekend

It’s been a fairly disappointing week, and I had no plans for the weekend, but was looking forward to it anyway. It’s just good to get some time out of the office.

I called Dad to make sure he was doing OK. He is. He got out of the hospital today and was happy to be home. He said he didn’t need anything, so I called dana. She said they would be home tonight and that I could come hang out. Killer.

I had to go and get my big beautiful frame. They’ve been very nicely storing it at the frame place to me for two months now, but my painting seems to be lost, and I can’t get a reply from the painting people in China. I called Diane today, and went by on my way home to get the frame. I’ll keep it until I get the picture, and then have the work done. It weighed a ton though! I thought I was never going to wrestle it into the car (it’s big enough it has to go into the hatch diagonally). I finally got it in, but I scratched the hell out of the back bumper in the process. Dammit.

I stopped for Japanese take-away en route home. dana has me hooked on it, and there really wasn’t anything at the house I wanted to eat. It was Friday and payday, OK? So I treated myself.

After throwing dinner down my gullet, I headed over to Miss Kat and dana’s house. Greg was up from Atlanta, and it’s always good to see him. We had a good visit, and I kicked off the weekend in a very relaxed and enjoyable way.

No comments: