Thursday, August 12, 2010

A post in which I act somewhat impetuously

And probably not that advisedly, but then that’s par for the course I guess.

I woke up this morning thinking about Rick. He’s a guy that I knew years ago before I met Michael. I talked to Russ about him not too long ago. Russ gave me his number, but I hadn’t called him for some reason. I resolved to do so today.

I’ve been kind of conflicted about starting new things – everything has kind of felt on hold since the testing started. Plus it feels kind of dishonest to maybe start dating someone and then say “Oh by the way…”

But I figured a phone conversation wouldn’t hurt. And it didn’t. It was good to talk to him, and he’s a nice guy. We’re going to dinner Tuesday night next week since I’m gone this weekend. I’m looking forward to it. I am not telling him all this stuff on the first date. Time enough for that later. And I’m not marrying the guy; we’re just going to dinner right? I’m going to try to just enjoy an evening out with a nice guy and leave it at that.

I went and got my hair cut tonight. Russ was apparently having more than sinus issues last weekend – he and Billy both have some kind of upper respiratory infection. He approved of my calling Rick.

I ran by the library to get a book on CD (I’m more prepared for tomorrow’s trip than for the last one), and then home to fix supper. I was ravenous. I figured that once I was through eating I wouldn’t feel like doing anything else. But I was wrong. Partially because there was nothing on TV, I ended up changing out a load of laundry before I packed my clothes. I called Dad and talked to him for a minute since he had his stitches out today. Apparently that went well. I actually had a little time to relax before I went to bed even. Bonus!

No comments: