Friday, August 27, 2010

A post in which it is movie night

I woke up feeling awful this morning. I took some Tylenol and headed in to work, but I thought about staying home. I can’t afford to lose the time off with vacation next week, and I had only worked three days this week. Plus I wanted to get my picture framed, so I wrestled that big ole frame back into the car and went on in. The day went by quietly enough, and by 11 or so I felt better.

The computers crashed at 5pm today. When the word went out at 5:10 that there was no eta, and that if it were fixed that moment they couldn’t re-boot the system in less than 15 minutes, I left. I had stuff to do.

I took the picture by the framers and opened it for the first time. This one isn’t as good as the one in the bedroom, but it’s still good. The worst part is that Sampson is portrayed with dark curly hair that blends in to the dark background of the painting. I’m sure I’ll be happier with it once it is in its gorgeous frame though. I’ve already recruited dana to help me hang it, or I may call Justin. He’s good at helping with that kind of thing. It should be ready next week.

I stopped off on the way home for some Thai take-away, and called Miss Kat about visiting with them after I ate. They had Greg all week this week though, and called couple time. I could understand that. I do love hanging out there on Friday nights, but I had just been there last night. Plus she offered to take me shopping with them tomorrow. I was kind of hurting anyway, and the sofa was feeling pretty good, so I wasn’t as disappointed as I usually am to spend Friday evening in. I did call Kimbley and Laura (I haven’t talked to them since they got the boys), but they didn’t answer or return my call. I need to check in with them.

They were having an Olivia de Havilland film festival on TCM tonight. I’ve never been a huge fan of hers I must admit (I never can get past seeing her as Melanie Wilkes in Gone with the Wind, and I didn’t care for that part), but she was quite good in The Heiress (for which she won an Oscar for Best Actress). I saw that for the first time tonight and enjoyed it. I also watched To Each His Own (for which she also won Best Actress), and liked it too. They were showing The Snake Pit next, but I couldn’t stay up for that one.

No comments: