Wednesday, August 25, 2010

A post in which it is a very long day

I slept poorly, which is unusual these days. I was back up at 2am – hungry because I hadn’t eaten enough supper. The first thing I did was check the water. To my great relief it was back on. Since I was up anyway, I turned the clothes back on to finish washing, put them in the dryer, and ran some water in the sauce pot before I had a snack and went back to bed.

When I got up for good there was the kitchen to clean before I could make pack my lunch. That put me behind on time and I had to pack breakfast too to keep from being late for work. I made it on time and got the weekly report turned in.

When I got off work, I had to go by the store again. I had bought some cantaloupe this weekend that was really bad, and had to throw it out. So I got more fruit, brought it home, threw the old fruit out, peeled the new fruit and got it ready for lunches before I ate supper. After supper I had to take the garbage out to keep the whole house from smelling like rotten cantaloupe. Then I cleaned up the kitchen and changed to go to the hospital.

Dad had his back re-stapled back up today. He’s been in the hospital since Saturday night and I was expecting him to be in a pretty foul temper, but other than being short and a bit quarrelsome with Eve, he was in pretty good spirits.

I visited with him until about 9. We actually ended up having a fairly frank discussion about the biopsy and possible outcomes and ramifications. For Dad, he was surprisingly sensitive.

When I got home I checked emails and had a pro-active snack before I turned in.

No comments: