Friday, August 6, 2010

A post in which I am quite generous with myself for being good*

My spankin boy came by this morning. It’s always nice to see him, but I forgot to take my Ibuprofen after he left. By the time I got to work I was hurting pretty badly, but it was easy enough to rectify now that I hardly ever leave the house without Ibuprofen.

I finally got the reports for month end straightened out today, and got that finished.

After work I took supper to the hospital for Dad and Eve. They wanted food from Zaxby’s, which was easy enough. I never eat there because they put chicken in just about everything. But the girl that waited on me was exceptionally nice, and Eve said it was the best Zaxby’s salad she had ever eaten. I just got a little salad (one of the few sans chicken choices) and some excellent fried mushrooms. Supper was pleasant, and Dad is cranky enough today that he has to be on the mend. He called Lisa and talked to her for a bit while I was there.

On the way home, I was still a bit peckish. I decided to treat myself and went by Como Pete’s for an order of ‘half & half’ (slang for french fries and onion rings) and a Heath shake on the way home. They were both wonderful. As if there was any doubt.

But I was tired. It had been a long day, if an indulgent one (sex, fries, and ice cream in the same day!). I went home and lounged around on the sofa for a bit, but I turned on in when it was time. I’m ready for the weekend. But hey, tomorrow’s payday. You gotta love that.

No comments: