Saturday, August 7, 2010

A post in which I am lazy

I had the best of intentions of getting something done today. I really did. But I didn’t accomplish very much.

I did get up and go to the flea market this morning to buy vegetables. There wasn’t any glass. I got eggplants and things to make ratatouille. I found a crock pot recipe for it last week and wanted to try it. By the time I left I had to eat something (I had a healthy breakfast of cookies and french fries), and then I was claimed by the couch. I kept thinking about getting up to do something, and then it just wouldn’t happen.

I had made plans to go to the movies with Russ and Billy today, and Billy texted me early to say they wanted to do a matinee at 3:50. I got up and got ready, squeaking in the door at the last minute after hitting every red light in downtown on the way. The movie was cute. We saw Despicable Me. They had blown one of the best lines in the movie in the promos (which I hate), but the movie was entertaining and I enjoyed it. It also wasn’t showing in 3D any longer, which was just fine with me. The only part I would have liked to have seen in 3D was at the end during the credits, and was obviously just them playing. I cried at the end. I am so freaking easy these days.

After the movie it was off to Miyako for dinner. Although we ate early, I was surprisingly hungry when we got there. The food was delicious as usual. After supper, we did a postprandial stroll through Kmart since it was tax-free weekend, but I didn’t find anything I wanted. I did find a picture of a freaky baby doll that I sent to Lisa, threatening to buy if for Ava for Christmas.

OK, first - EEK - can you imagine buying this for a child?? Second, this marked down to $11. Still, it is aggressively PINK isn't it?

We then headed on back to Russ and Billy’s place to hang out. They were going downtown to the The Cazbah, Greenville’s finest (and indeed only) tapas place, to meet some friends later, but I begged off going. I really should have gone. Its Vince’s birthday, and he came to my birthday supper last fall; but I just hate that place. It’s so hip, and all the people there are so trendy, young, and skinny. I am not comfortable there at all. The atmosphere makes me feel like an old worn-out footstool surrounded by sleek modern furniture.

We got caught up watching Planet 51, which was cute, although I’m glad I didn’t pay full price to see it in the theater. It was one I wanted to see, but had forgotten about. That’s usually how my movie thing goes these days. It’ll be advertised, and I’ll think I’ll just wait for the DVD, after which I forget about it.

After the movie was over, I made plans to go to the flea market with Russ, then moseyed on home to mess around for a bit on the computer before hitting the sheets.

No comments: