Tuesday, August 17, 2010

A post in which I have a date

I was up an hour early this morning so I had plenty of time to fluff the house a little before I left for work. I ran the vacuum and stuff when I got home so the house looked pretty good.

I talked to Eve at work today, and I’m going to their house for dinner tomorrow night to tell them about the biopsy. Really not looking forward to that, but it has to be done. It seems that the older you get, the more unpleasant tasks there are to be seen to. Blick.

We went to Saffron for supper. The food was great as always. After a somewhat awkward beginning, the conversation went well. It didn’t feel quite so much like work as it usually does on a date. Rick is a really nice guy. The Virgo in me picked right up on the problems and after that I could relax. I know. I didn’t spew out all the bad stuff about me, as I have a tendency to do on the first date. I try to get it all out there so I don’t have to worry about it later, but of course it’s hard to have a later when they run screaming for the hills.

We ended up going back to my house to talk – and just to talk. I'm trying to take this slowly and not just jump in head first. Rick is mature and has a good outlook on life. It seemed like we are simpatico in our goals. I did bring up the sex thing eventually, and just disarmed it. By that point in the evening we were relaxed enough that it wasn’t an issue. So I kissed him and sent him home. I did invite him to come to the bear pool party with me on Saturday, but due to his somewhat complicated personal life, he said he would let me know on that. I also invited him to Jeff and James’s for supper on Sunday.

One of the hardest things about dating is figuring out what to do. Where do you go after you eat? How many movies can you sit through? Plus movies are a crappy way of getting to know someone because you can’t talk during them. So I just decided to take Rick with me to the things I usually do and see how it goes. There’s no better way to get to know me than seeing me around my friends, after all.

It was a very nice evening. He sent me a very sweet text right after he left on top of everything else.

No comments: