Wednesday, August 11, 2010

A post in which I go to check on Dad

The computers were up today at work, thank goodness.

I talked to Mom about Granny. There doesn’t seem to be any decision about what they’re going to do, but it’s clear to everyone that she can’t go home yet. Lisa, Cole, and Ava will be in Wilkesboro this weekend with Mom, and so since I didn’t go the last time I had said I would, I’m going too. It is past time for me to be up there and see everyone anyway. So that decision is made.

I’m really hoping that Mom doesn’t tell her about not going home when I’m there. Knowing Granny that could be an ugly scene. I guess it makes me a wuss, but I really don’t want to be there for it. I don’t think Mom would do that to me.

Since I’m leaving Friday night, and since I have to pack tomorrow, I called and went by to see Dad tonight. He seems to be doing just fine, and is back to his old self almost. He says he is walking better now than he did before the surgery. He’s a little concerned about getting the staples out of his back tomorrow, but then I guess anyone would be. I haven’t decided when to tell him about my stuff.

I left fairly early (it’s petty of me, but I just couldn’t bear another minute of E! Entertainment News and all that stuff they watch in the evening). I’ve seen them so much lately that I don’t have anything safe to talk to them about. Usually I save up stuff.

When I got home I had a lovely email from Lady Beth about the biopsy and all. She had told me to let her know last week, but I didn’t email her until she came back from vacation with her family. She has quite enough on her plate already.

I had intended to do some laundry tonight when I got home, but I ended up being pretty worthless. But it does feel good to have some plans laid, and it was very comforting to hear from Lady Beth.

No comments: