Saturday, July 31, 2010

A post in which it is a lazy Saturday

Very surprisingly, I was a slugabed this morning. I hardly ever sleep late, but it was almost 9am when dana called me. I was supposed to call her by 8am, but she wasn’t upset with me. She came by to get me and we were off to Anderson. I had kind of hoped to find some glass today, but it was overcast and there weren’t that many people there. It was really nice (if a bit damp, it was misting a bit periodically) to be outside this morning. The mildness was a refreshingly cool and welcome change after the weeks of baking heat we’ve endured. I didn’t buy anything in the end, which was fine.

By the time we left we were both ravenously hungry, so we stopped at the Cracker Barrel for lunch. When we were though eating, I was sleepy (again!), and dana had to go home to get ready to pamper Miss Kat a little bit.

I went home for a nap, lounged around for a while reading (there is nothing on telly) after that. I watched one of the two new Jane Austen movies I just got (I've decided if I can't be in love myself, I can live vicariously through the love lives of others) – Northanger Abbey. It was pretty good although the ending was rather abrupt.

I finally got motivated to make lunches for next week. I made bowtie pasta with sautéed broccoli and onions, topped with a white Gorgonzola sauce. It turned out good, but I ended up putting a lot more fat in to it than I wanted. Of course, that's probably why it turned out tasty. The secret ingredient is fat.

Russ and Billy are out of town this weekend, which kind of left me at loose ends. There were plenty of things I could have done tonight, but in the end I stayed in. I threw a frozen pizza in the oven and rotted my brain this evening. I didn’t even do any laundry.

No comments: