Saturday, July 17, 2010

A post in which I do a bit in the yard, and have supper out

I knew I had some work to do today. I finally did break down and do it. I had to eat breakfast and stuff before I went out in the yard. Even at 9am, it was hot. I worked out there for about two hours, and it was just all I could do. The bushes looked a lot better though. The ones in front of the house are so big now I have to use a step-ladder to trim them.

I really needed to have the grass mowed too, and decided to call Khavis next week. I just couldn’t be outside any longer. I was surprised how out of shape I am. I guess part of it is the E-B (even though it hasn’t been giving me that much trouble lately), but I just don’t seem to be able to take the heat the way I used to. I could go to the flea market at 90F last year and not think a thing about it. Not any longer.

Some guys showed up and asked if they could mow, so I said sure. They did a really good job, and this is the best my yard has looked this summer, I guess. That felt good, but I was just too wiped to do anything else. I just lay around the rest of the afternoon and tried to stay cool. I didn’t do any cooking or laundry today. I didn’t do the shopping. I was just worthless.

I didn’t want to spend another Saturday night home by myself. I try to leave Miss Kat and dana Saturday nights to have some couple time, plus dana has been working lately on Saturdays, so I called Russ and Billy. I haven’t really had any Russ and Billy time since the weekend of the fourth, and I was ready to see them.

Fortunately Russ felt fine this weekend. We went out to supper at Miyako, and although I was ravenously hungry, the food seemed even better than usual tonight. The cool waitress with the cute hair sat and talked to us for a while even though she wasn’t waiting on us. It was a nice meal.

By the time we had eaten though, it was late. And we all have to be up early to go tubing in the morning!

No comments: