Tuesday, July 20, 2010

A post in which I get off work early, and run errands

Well I paid for Sunday today. I was really sore all day today. The insect bites also started itching today. Sunday was so worth it though.

I got up early to go to a doctor’s appointment only to find they had re-scheduled it. I had to call them back to get a renewal on my bp meds, which ran out tonight. Since the appointment is to check my bp and see how I’m adjusting to the new meds, there wouldn’t be much point in showing up next week not on them.

One of the vendors brought in big ole nasty burritos for lunch today, and they were SO good. I scarfed mine right down, and would have had another for dinner if I’d been able think of any way at all to manage it. That’s what I need in my life alright, more big fat burritos. Sheesh.

I went to the dentist today, so I got off work early. That was nice. I saw my receptionist, and made sure to tell her how much I liked her and enjoyed seeing her. I read somewhere that dentists have the highest rate of suicide of any profession because no one wants to go see them. I told my dentist that I appreciated him as well. He’s such a nice man.

When I got out of there I ran by the bank. I’ve been needing to deposit Miss Kat’s part of the SELF money (for the hotel room), but she had given it to me in cash, so I had to actually get to the bank when it was open. It’s been a while since I had to schedule around that.

Then it was off to get the oil changed. It was just a hair over 3k since the last oil change, but it’s a new car, and I feel like I should take good care of it. Also, the tire pressure sensor has been going off since Sunday night. The tires look fine, and I’m worried about electrical problems. I’m thinking please, not on another car. When I got the car back after the oil change, they told me my tires were fine, but the sensor was still going off. They had aired up the spare, the only tire that was low. When I got in, though, I now had two sensors going off. The Grease Monkey guy called the dealership, and after he disconnected the battery and put in the computer codes they gave him to re-set it, they both went off. I’m hoping that doesn’t get to be an issue, but it’s fixed for now, which is all I need, right?

By the time I got my new prescription (in line, as always, behind some incredibly slow person) and got home I was exhausted. I had thought about going to see Miss Kat and dana tonight, but I didn’t feel good by the time I got home. I took some Ibuprofen and hit the couch. I did eventually change out a load of laundry, but that’s about all I could manage tonight.

No comments: