Wednesday, July 14, 2010

A post in which I have supper out

It started out as kind of an ill-omened day. I woke to the sound of Jinx trying to be sick on the carpet that I had vacuumed last night. When I put the cream in my coffee, it curdled. I watched the guy across the street leave for work, absent-mindedly kicking the do g on the way out. Plus it was kind of overcast and sullen-looking in general. But the sullen burned off, and I had a pretty average day at work, so I guess it’s a good thing I don’t really believe in omens.

I texted Rodney a couple of times during the day and worked out the details. He was at the house right on time, but I had a minute to feed the screaming cat and change before he got there.

We went out to Saffron for supper, and it was gorgeously delicious as usual, although I have to say that I didn’t find the samosas quite as good as usual. But I’ve never met a samosa I didn’t like. We chatted and caught up with each other – I haven’t seen him in quite a while. He looks amazing. He’s lost 174 pounds!! That’s like losing a person. We went to dinner in his humungous truck, which destroys my theory about the big truck/big knife/big gun guys, because I know Rodney has nothing to be ashamed of in the locker room, if you get my drift. Sitting in that huge cab felt like a living room after riding around in my little car.

After supper we just went back to the house for conversation. The sex thing turned out to be a non-issue. We each told dating horror stories and talked about ex's, which generally doens't set the mood. We ended up talking for a couple of hours before I sent him home. It was really good to see Rodney. He’s a great guy.

No comments: