Tuesday, July 27, 2010

A post in which it is a night in

It was a hectic morning. It was one of those mornings where you just don’t seem to be able to focus and pull stuff together, and on top of it all I was out of gas. I hate those days. Needless to say, I suppose, I was late to work. It was OK since Alan isn’t in the office this week, and I’m totally caught up at work.

I heard from Mama today. Granny doesn’t seem to be doing very well. She’s still in the hospital, and was apparently rather disoriented last night. She’s latched on to Louise (the woman who stays with her at night), and apparently wants her there even when Mom or one of my aunts is there. That is kind of surprising to me, since she didn’t seem to like Louise so much at first. She takes care of Granny and she’s always been perfectly nice to me, but I just can’t trust her. I don’t know why. There’s just something about her I can’t warm up to.

Tonight was probably my only night in this week, so I had all these inflated plans for things I was going to do that just plain didn’t happen – quell surprise.

I made yet another trip to the grocery store, since the trips I made this weekend had been rather jam-focused.

Justin called to tell me he has a full-time teaching job as of today. He was justifiably excited, since Greenville County hasn’t been hiring.

I ate pretty well tonight, a salad and some new (low-cal) chips with hummus. The laundry (a bit) didn’t get done, but I did get some straightening up done in the kitchen, since it was getting more cluttered and I knew it wasn’t going to get any better the rest of the week.

I watched part of West Point Story tonight (starring an embryonic Doris Day, among others) while I futzed around. I only watched it with one eye because I’ve never been a huge Cagney fan.

No comments: