Friday, July 23, 2010

A post in which the trip is off

I was late in to work today, but I had all my preparations done to leave town. Then Mom called today to tell me that Granny was not getting out of the hospital. She said I could still come up for the night, but that she and Cole would be going home tomorrow. Well I weighed the three and a half hour drive up there, sleeping in the no-AC upstairs (in the middle of a heat-wave yet), and on top of it all not getting to see Granny (well at home anyway), and decided not to go. I guess I’m a bad grandson. I think she’d probably rather that I’m up there when she’s out anyway though.

I sent out the critter call to Russ, Billy, Miss Kat, and dana that I was home this weekend. Russ and Billy invited me to come hang out with them, which I gratefully accepted. When I got there, Russ was in the throes of perfecting the house. His mother is coming for her first (and possibly only) visit, and he was determined that everything would be right. In short, Russ was in High Dudgeon.

After some of the fluffing was finished, we went out to supper a Miyako, the only restaurant at which I ever eat now. The food was as good as ever.

We went back to the house and hung out on the back porch for a while, but it was just too hot, plus Russ had to work tomorrow, so eventually we called it a night. Still, it was a very nice evening, and I'm looking forward to the luxury of a weekend at home which has no real appointed task that must be completed.

No comments: