Wednesday, July 21, 2010

A post in which I am out on the town

It’s good to feel like I’m digging out of the frozen feeling I’ve had in my brain for the last month or so. It’s good to feel like I am allowed to enjoy myself again. I know that sounds strange, but that’s what it’s been like the past couple of weeks.

I was a good do-bee and got all my write-offs completed and turned in today. I needed to do them this week because Alan’s on vacation all next week (yay!).

I really needed to do laundry tonight, and I really needed go see Miss Kat and dana. I do want to see them, and I told dana I would come over this week.

But Justin called today wanting to go get sushi (always a temptation), and I haven’t seen him in a good while. He also offered a trip to Costco. Dad has left my name there and I can get a card through the shop, but buying in bulk just doesn’t make much sense for me; plus Costco doesn’t have most of the stuff I used to buy through BJ’s.

We went to Miyako, of course. That seems to be the only place that I go out to eat any more. The waitresses know me by sight. My new favorite roll, the “California Dreaming” (topped with a gorgeously delicious broiled baby scallops in mayo topping) is so good that I can’t eat it without making noise. If it was a man, I’d marry him. Or at least move him in.

We went by the condo so I could see the new beautiful Murphy bed they bought. It is beautiful, by far the prettiest I have ever seen, but doesn’t have a mattress in it. I don’t get that, but that’s their life. I didn’t find it as oppressive as I did the first time I was over there. Plus I was wrong about the downstairs window – it isn’t covered over. There’s just so much stuff in there.

After the visit we went to Costco and strolled around, just talking and enjoying each other’s company basically. Justin wanted to pick up some china cabinet lights, and I was just along for the ride. Amazingly I didn’t find anything I really wanted to buy. I need some new khaki cargo pants for work, but all they had were shorts.

Justin gave me some homemade pickles and barbeque sauce, I loaned him a couple of the Marketplace books, and he toddled off home. It was a nice evening. I didn’t accomplish anything, other than eating an expensive dinner and spending time with a friend, but sometimes you need that.

No comments: