Sunday, July 11, 2010

A post in which I do get to go out to supper

I was pretty good again today. I did more laundry. I went to the flea market later in the day and got produce. After I got home and recovered (I just don't seem to be able to take the heat the way I could even last year), I obligingly turned the veggies into lunches for next week. I made a veggie chili/rice pilaf kind of thing that turned out pretty tasty.

I packed up all the lunches and then got ready myself. MC and sa were supposed to come today, and we were all going out to dinner.

It ended up being Russ, Billy, MC, sa, Miss Kat, dana, and Ben at supper. We went to a place called Brioso, which was interesting. You get a menu as you walk in, and order at a counter before sitting down at the table of your choice. They bring the food out to you just like a regular restaurant, so I'm not sure what the deal is about ordering at the counter, but that's their thing. After a disappointing salad, the rest of the food was excellent, I have to say. The pricing is a bit aggressive for their business atmosphere IMHO (my dinner was $15 for pasta and a small salad, plus an additional $4 and change for gelato afterwards). They also added a gratuity for our party being 8 or more - I thought an 18% gratuity was a bit much again for the atmosphere (not to mention the somewhat indifferent service), but my calculated tip was much less than I would usually leave. Again, the pasta is made there, as is the gelato, and both were excellent. I'll go back for gelato if nothing else. I ate mine tonight, and then finished dana's.

After supper we went to Russ's shop for him to cut MC an sa's hair. sa hadn't had a haircut since the presentation ceremony and was a bit shaggy. It was a relaxing evening, and we watched a Pink concert during the cuts.

It was so relaxed that by the time we got out of there and got back to Russ and Billy's house it was after 9:30. Since it was a school night, and since they were going in to watch TV anyway, I just headed on home and went to bed. Still, nice to spend some time out with friends. I've been so good this weekend I needed to go out and be bad for a while.

No comments: