Monday, July 26, 2010

A post in which I have dinner with Dick and Eve

I tried calling Mom today at work, but she didn’t call back. But she’s been gone for a week, and I know what it’s like when you get back to your desk.

I decided to go ahead and see Dick and Eve tonight. It’s been about two months since I was over there. I thought that Dad was having surgery this week, but it’s actually next week. Eve is still recovering from two procedures. She’s not supposed to bend over or lift anything, so Dad’s been having one of the women from the store come in during the day to help her with things. While all this is going on they are also having new countertops installed in the kitchen, and having both bathrooms re-done. There is just a lot going on there right now.

We had spaghetti and visited. I went out and got some ice cream for dessert. Dad shouldn’t be eating it, but he’s doing so much stuff he isn’t supposed to do that I’ve just given up. It doesn’t do any good to lecture, it just makes him mad. He seems kind of resigned at this point. I don’t guess Eve or I should really be eating it either for that matter.

Uncle Chris called while I was there with an update on Grandma Shumate. She’s been having some problems with losing blood, and her hemoglobin has been dropping, but it went back up yesterday so they think she’s on the mend. I hope so! We can’t all be out of commission at the same time!

No comments: