Wednesday, July 28, 2010

A post in which I see Carmen

I woke up feeling quite unreasonably cheerful this morning, and sang my way around the house (after I had my coffee) getting ready for work. I was really looking forward to going out with Nancy tonight. I really like her.

I talked to dana today, and I’m going over there Friday night. Miss Kat has been working a lot and dana says she spends a good amount of time at home alone. Aw. I know Miss Kat has a lot going on at work right now though.

I had an email from Mom this afternoon. Things aren’t going well for Granny. She’s in renal failure. She didn’t want to talk to my Aunt Donna when she called this afternoon, which is a bad sign also. Mom says she’s dehydrated, but they can’t give her fluids because she’s having congestive heart failure. Her heart is only working with 35% efficiency right now. Donna is going up there tonight. Poor Donna - she was there when Poppy died last spring. There really isn't anything I can do though.

Nancy and I went out to dinner first at Sabroso after work. I hadn’t been there in a while, but those nachos were as good as ever – better even. They have put more stuff on them. I ate way too much. I was afraid we were going to be late for the show, but it actually worked out perfectly. They had just started when we walked in.

We went to see the simulcast of Carmen at Regal 20 tonight, and it was awesome. It was a Met performance from January of this year. Carmen (played by Elīna Garanča) was sexy and wanton, a great actress as well as a great singer. The sets were stunning, and the cast was HUGE. It was a great show, and I’m really glad we went. By the end though, I was ready for bed.

No comments: