Saturday, July 10, 2010

A post in which I end up being inexplicably good

I woke up lazy this morning. I had felt like lying in bed every morning last week, and had decided to do it today. It didn't last long though. I got up and started moving around.

I had things I needed to do today, because I had plans to be out tonight. So by the same token I didn't want to be too tired to enjoy myself.

Top priority was scrubbing the bathroom, which was just gross. I did that. I also did some laundry I'd been putting off. Odd stuff like my beach towel, my blanket, stuff like that that has be washed alone.

I made a run out and went to the bank, hauled off the recycling, and went to the grocery store. All stuff that needed doing, but when I got home I was surprisingly tired. I've felt more tired lately. I don't know if that's just me wearing myself out mentally, or if there is some physical thing going on. I know I've been adjusting to the bp meds, but surely that would be about over by now? I feel old. It was brutally hot outside. I rested for a while when I got back in.

Then I got all cleaned up and finished scrubbing the shower. I wanted to be ready to go when Russ and Billy put the word out, but when they did, it was to cancel. Russ didn't feel well, and MC and sa weren't coming today after all. So I was at loose ends.

I threw a frozen pizza in the oven, turned on telly, and played on the computer. I felt lonely with absolutely no justification. There were places I could have gone if I wanted. I could have had people in if I had wanted, but I didn't, particularly. It was odd. I felt like I wanted to do something, but the thoughts of actually executing it just seemed like too much work. So I didn't do anything but feel sorry for myself, which frankly I've been doing a lot of lately, and I've about had a bellyfull of it.

In the meantime, though, there was nothing for it but to go on to bed. So I did.

No comments: