Monday, July 5, 2010

A post in which it is time to go home

I woke up this morning to the sound of camp breaking. Miss Kat and dana were up, and they were preparing to hit the road. They had told me that we were heading out early this morning, and I believed them! I got up and got moving. By the time I got my stuff rounded up and packed, and myself somewhat ready to roll, dana was in the car with the engine going. I made it though.

We stopped for coffee and then headed out. Traffic this morning wasn’t as bad as it had been on Saturday, but then we were off early. We left the coffee place at 8:19am. We re-hashed the weekend and what a good time we’d all had on the way back. Joann is already talking about doing another weekend for Labor Day – we may well be in attendance. It was very laid back, everyone got along, and there was no drama. I really enjoyed getting to spend some time with Kris and kindle and get to know them a bit. They're both really nice. It’s always good to see Petal and Marty. And of course everyone else there was in my Favorite People file already.

I got home, unpacked, and collapsed. I was once again pretty drug out. I had promised myself I would be lazy this afternoon, and I was. I napped and watched telly, caught up on email, and was just generally a slug.

Russ and Billy got in touch later, and we went out to Miyako for supper. I just love their food. When we got back to their place, it was time to go. Work tomorrow. Sigh.

No comments: