Thursday, July 22, 2010

A post in which I am soooo busy

Mom called today, and Granny is in the hospital. She was dehydrated and her blood pressure spiked, but they are supposed to let her go Saturday morning. Mom says the trip is still on. I hope she’s OK, and that they let her out. She would be so upset to miss the visit.

Since the trip was still on, I had tons of stuff to do tonight. I’ve put off preparations for this trip all week for some reason.

I stopped on the way home to get cat food, since I’m almost out and I have to be able to load the cat feeder tomorrow. There are a lot of things that I really wanted to do before I left town, but I had to strip down the list.

I got home, took out the garbage (I hate it when the house is all stinky from having trash shut up in there when you get home), unloaded the car, sorted the mail, and threw some leftovers in the microwave. I washed the lunch dishes while I waited for my food to cool, and started getting clothes out while I ate (I did sit down for a minute).

I wanted to go and see Miss Kat and dana tonight because it has been almost two weeks now, and I miss them when I don’t see them. I also needed to get some books by for Miss Kat that she had been asking to borrow. Plus I had told dana I would come by tonight and I hate not to keep my word. dana called back in response to a message I had left earlier to tell me to come on. Miss Kat was going to be a little late, but that worked out great tonight.

Fortunately once I got the car loaded, things calmed down. I remembered half-way there that I had completely forgotten to go by the library to get a book on CD as I had intended, but decided I could live without that. I got in and settled about the time Miss Kat came in. She looked like she’d had a rough day. Apparently the AC in her area is broken – this in the midst of a heat wave. Bless her heart. Anyway, we settled in to visit for a bit. She was glad to get the books. I enjoyed their company, and it was good to see them.

Everything that had to be done got done tonight, and I’m in OK shape for leaving straight from work tomorrow. Anything else that didn’t get done will just have to wait.

No comments: