Wednesday, December 30, 2009

A post in which my body just checks out for the day

Even after the nap yesterday, I slept through the night and most of the day today. I did some little jobs in between. I washed the wine glasses and wine rack and put them back up this morning. Fortunately they weren't that dirty and didn't have to be soaked. Then I had some breakfast and lay down. When I woke up it was almost noon.

I made some lunch, checked some stuff on line, put away yet more packing paper. I put the old valances from the bedroom in to wash (Justin wants them to quilt with), and lay down for a bit. When I woke up it was about 3pm.

I had to go to the drug store to get my prescription today (I've taken all the other antibiotics at the house), so I started gearing up to go out. I brushed my teeth and did my cat chores. Then I had to rest for a while. I took a shower and got dressed. I wanted to put it off again for a bit, but I had to get out and get back before the fever came on again - it's supposed to be really cold tonight. I felt OK. I got to the drug store and got my prescription and a heating pad (I wasn't going to be caught without one again). So yes, instead of buying beautiful antique glass today, I bought a heating pad. Oh how the mighty have fallen. Then I went on and got some take-away for dinner. Did I mention that I love my new car? Screw the outside, I know it has the aerodynamic styling of a guinea pig (I still love the color). The interior is great. It may not have the pick-up, but it looks like a space ship or something inside - and I am already completely spoiled to auto-climate-control. How did I ever live without it?

I came home and ate while I watched telly and fooled around online. My fever thankfully did not spike again tonight, but I had taken some ibuprofen before I went out, which may have headed it off. My big debate now is whether or not I will got to Kimbley and Laura's party tomorrow. I really want to go - I've only been to ONE holiday party this year. But I'll have to see how I feel. I've been putting off dealing with Epstein Barr until stuff was done, which was how I got into this shape. I have to get back to myself before I have to go to work. As suckacious as it is to have this on my vacation, it is good to have all the time I need to get better.

I have also been thinking about spending some time with Justin. I want to go off for the day with him. Friday would be perfect. However I feel tomorrow, I think I'll be OK on Friday. But Friday is New Year's Day, and I think everything will be closed (antique store close at the drop of a hat - most are owned by retirees). Saturday is the bear party, and if I'm going to that, I need to lay up and rest that day. That leaves Sunday. Not ideal to wear myself out right before I go back to work, but I am going to wring at least one day of fun out of this vacation if I possibly can.

No comments: