Sunday, December 20, 2009

A post in which I pay for my hedonism*

I woke up about 7am this morning feeling like the floor of a camel tent. Ugh. I was also starving. Unusually, I usually want to eat when I'm hung over, and the fattier and more unhealthy the food the better. Fortunately I had my leftovers from lunch yesterday, which were satisfyingly greasy and full of artery-hardening goodness. I scarfed them down with actual exclamations of appreciation and went back to bed.

When next I opened my eyes it was 10:45am - YIKES! I had all the packing up to do today. Every bit of it.

I dragged myself to the couch. I didn't feel terrible, but I was really, really drug out. Extremely tired. After sitting up for a while, I got to work. I would pack a while, and would then have to sit down for a while. But it had to be done. It was my fault for putting everything off until the last minute (not to mention partying so hard last night). I just had to bear down and do it. So I gritted my teeth and got on with it.

Eventually I got to the point that I needed dana to come over, and as soon as she got my message she did. It is so great to have friends you can rely on. We moved the big pieces of furniture out of the way and visited for a bit.

When she left I finished up the last of the little odds and ends, moving them all out of harm's reach, hopefully.

I did manage to round up a buddy to come by for a bit, and that made me feel a little better.

The house is destroyed. I had to unhook the computer because it was under a window, so the internet is down. I am totally disconnected from the world (except for the cell phone) at home for the first time in eight years. It feels very surreal. Even my phones had to be unplugged and moved. The house looks like those pictures you see of homes after the tornado leaves, only the roof is still on it.

By the time I got done though, I was really too tired to care. I brushed my teeth and crawled to the bed.

No comments: