Tuesday, December 15, 2009

A post in which I'm feeling run down

I was tired when I woke up this morning, but my throat is distinctly less swollen than it has been, so I think I'm on the mend.

I need to get Bernadette's card in the mail. Every year it's a struggle, but this year in particular. The post office has cut the hours on all the offices back drastically. Usually the main office is open extended hours at Christmas, but this year none of them open until after I'm at work. It was a total waste of time to detour by there this morning. For an institution that says they don't have enough business, they are certainly doing all they can to discourage it.

I talked to Michael today and he's having a worse time than I am. He has all his shopping left to do, and is flying home on the 24th. He has to find gifts for the whole family that are not only small enough to fit in his suitcase, but that also won't break in the baggage hold. Better him than me. But I got his address corrected and got his Christmas ordered. I have everyone done now but Miss Kat, who is damn near impossible to buy for. dana is supposed to be working on a gift idea, but I have a back-up plan if I don't hear back from her. Of course, nothing is wrapped. As per usual. But I'm not watching Muppet Christmas Carol, my most favorite Christmas movie ever, until I wrap gifts. Hopefully that will be the incentive I need.

Dad sent me a bunch of neo-conservative emails this weekend, and I asked him why yesterday. His answer was a bunch of maudlin crap, basically. That has put me in a really bad, broody mood. I should be able to let it go - I usually do - but either this sick thing is wearing me down, or I'm getting to be just too much like him.

I brooded all the way home, and by the time I got there I was in such a bad mood I didn't even want to be around myself. Plus I was really tired. I stopped to get cat food on the way home, but was too tired to even go back out to the car to bring it in the house when I forgot it. Despite best intentions of starting to pack up tonight, I did nothing. I ate some leftover pizza, and lay on the sofa until it was time to go to bed.

No comments: