Monday, December 7, 2009

A post in which I pay for playing on Sunday

My boss just keeps piling on the work. Now, because one of the offices claims it is impossible for them to get their numbers in on time, I have to do the weekly report twice. Joy. I’m trying to remember how lucky I am to have a job. Easier during profit-sharing time. But still.

I remembered mid-way through the morning that I had forgotten Mom's birthday yesterday. I had already gotten her present Thanksgiving weekend, but I should have called her. I called her today though, and she was fine. She and Rod had been out to see the Rockettes, and then out to dinner with a bunch of friends, so she had a nice weekend.

I had to go straight home today to do some of the stuff I didn’t do on Sunday.

I cooked up a batch of bulgur wheat pilaf with sautéed vegetables. I found the recipe on line, and decided to make it because I had most of the stuff at the house already. I was afraid it would be bland, and despite my using four times the seasoning called for, it was. It’s OK. It’s healthy and low-cal, and has plenty of fiber and veggies, but it’s not going to be a joy to eat. But lunches are done for the week anyway. I had thought if it turned out good, I would take some to Dad to taste, but I think I'll wait for a different recipe.

I folded a load of laundry and changed the sheets. By the time I got that done, ate dinner, and cleaned up the kitchen, I was pretty much ready for bed. But the house is somewhat in order. Well I’m supplied for the week anyway.

No comments: