Tuesday, December 29, 2009

A post in which I pay for pushing it

I woke up this morning feeling terrible. I wrote it off to smoking too much last night. After getting up, taking some ibuprofen, and having some coffee though, I felt better. It's my vacation, but thus far I haven't enjoyed it very much. It was another very full day today.

Because I'm pretty sure I have Eve's bronchitis, and because I run out of antibiotics today, I called the doctor and made an appointment to go in.

I also had tons of errands to run. There were loose ends to tie up from Christmas, from buying the car, and from cleaning out the house. I sat down to make a list while I was waiting for the window man to come. He was coming in today to fix the frame around the greenhouse window. I called Dana - she was coming over this morning to look at the wire before the window guy got here. I texted her when I got up, then called at 8. She had said to call her when I got up. I figured if they were true to form she would have plenty of time to get over here and have a look. She would have, but I didn't hear back from her.

While I waited, I finished putting the glass back in the cabinets. I got things together in groups and ready to go. By the time the window man got here, again at 10:30, I had everything organized. While they got to work I loaded the car and headed out. I took recycling again (I had all the paper from unpacking the glass), went and took some more stuff to Goodwill. I ate some breakfast and made some calls.

When I got back to the house they were still working. I did some peripheral things (trying to stay out of their way), and headed back out for a bit. There were other things I needed to do, but I went out as much to drive the car as to actually accomplish anything. When I got in, they were finishing up. The window sill looks great. When they walked out the door for the last time, I literally leaned against it and gave thanks. But I didn't have much time. I had to get cleaned up and get to the doctor.

The doctor was pretty good about my self-medicating over the holiday. I was expecting an earful. She said I definitely have an upper respiratory infection. I thought I would feel better after being on antibiotics for two days, but apparently not. She called in the rest of a course for me to finish up. She also warned me again about Epstein Barr. I haven't gotten over this episode because I'm not getting enough rest. That lowers my resistance, and means I'll pick stuff up easily. She sent me home to bed. She says if I don't get more rest I'm never going to feel better. Fair enough. I know I've been pushing it - my body has been telling me that - but I had to get the house back together. I have a day of antiquing scheduled tomorrow with Justin after we do the Pickens Flea Market. Then I'm resting all day Thursday before Kimbley and Laura's party.

I stopped and got a pizza on the way home. I got two compliments on the car today while I was out running around, which frankly surprised me. I don' think the car is that pretty, but apparently it is quite noticeable. That was kind of gratifying.

When I got home I ate some lunch and lay down. I wasn't feeling that bad now, but I told myself I would lay down for at least two hours. I took a little nap. When I woke up, about two hours later, I felt OK. I decided to go out and pick up some supper. I also decided to go by the mall. The company gave us gift certificates for See's Candy this year, and I wanted to go pick mine up. This was a completely superfluous trip. I was only going really to drive the car around some more.

When I got to the mall, I found that See's Candy has already pulled out for the year. I decided to walk around a bit anyway, just to check out the after Christmas sales and enjoy myself a bit. I didn't really need anything, but when I saw the Eddie Bauer store was closing, I went in and found a terrific pair of jeans for $26! They'll be perfect for NYE. I noticed, though, that my batteries seemed to be running down awfully fast. After a nap I should have been good to go, but I was feeling distinctly run down. I decided to head home. I was too tired to even stop for supper out. I went by the grocery store and picked up a few things and went home to eat.

I ate some salad (I haven't been eating enough veggies lately), and some Spicy Cheez-Its (they were on sale, OK? And they're indescribably delicious), then lay back to watch a little telly. I started feeling worse. Then I started getting cold. I wrapped up and realized I had a fever. I got chills. My feet were like blocks of ice. Whatever this is I have, it had settled in with a vengeance. I took some more Ibuprofen and realized that there was no way I would be able to go with Justin tomorrow. I was very disappointed. Then I realized that my phone was in the car. I had been charging it and left it in there.

I had to call Justin, but I was having chills already, and it was freezing outside. I lay back and waited for the fever to break, but it just didn't. Eventually, I knew I just had to go on out there. I wrapped up and got the phone. When I got back in I was shivering uncontrollably. I didn't think my feet would ever be warm. I don't own a heating pad, so I got an ice pack, filled it with hot water, and wrapped it up with my feet. After about an hour, I called Justin. I am SO pissed about missing tomorrow. There goes my ^&*&^%#!! vacation.

After I talked to Justin, I fell asleep for a while. I woke up about midnight, and decided to check my auction. The Insight, for some dildonic reason, doesn't come with floor mats standard. I had been bidding on a used set on eBay. I tuned in in time to watch the end of the auction, and to watch some douche try to outbid me during the last 30 seconds. I HATE those people. He didn't get my damn mats either. After paying for the mats, I went on to bed.

No comments: