Tuesday, June 4, 2013

A post in which things settle down a bit

Thank goodness. 

Alan was back in the office today (*whew*), and with a few key decisions from him I was able to get the month/quarter closing back on track.  I was able to turn in the US short form today (one of four PowerPoint presentations I complete each month), and once that's done I can take a breath.  I was also able to make a dent in the audit, get all the new placements checked in and processed (yes, there were more today), and do all my callbacks.  I left the office a bit late, but with considerably more breathing room than I had started the day.

I had forgotten the main thing I went to the store for yesterday (margarine), but I needed fruit anyway today since I'm almost out of strawberies.  I went through the store quickly and headed home.  I called Lisa to help me sort through all the graduation invitations, and then after I got off the phone realized I had been more organized than I thought.  I had bought eight graduation cards, but only needed seven.  I got four of them addressed and stamped, and the other three I will deliver in person.  That's a weight off my mind.  (Or it was.  I think I misspelled something in the one I sent to my cousin Annetta's daughter Kaye.  Since she's graduating from college that would be pretty embarrassing, so I'll have to check it tomorrow.)  For good measure, I did Dad's Father's Day card (I'm giving it to him Friday, since they leave for three weeks in New England this weekend).  I was going to do Wilenda's card, but I am missing the envelope.  I'll have to dig one out of the Christmas cards or something.

That done, I made a giant sammich out of the sourdough bread, which I devoured along with some sauteed sugar snap peas, some cashews, and some Rice Crispy Treats.  I had a text from Gary.  He definitely wanted to talk tonight.  Fair enough.   

I just got ready for bed, and he called me when he got home.  We had a really good conversation, and cleared the air about a lot of things.  I got the update on his aunt.  We discussed my health in detail, and how I'm kind of in flux right now.  We talked about Rhonda and my relationship with her.  We talked about his schedule, and there does seem to be some light at the end of the tunnel there.  We talked about our feelings - he really cares about me.  We even touched on the fidelity issue, where I found that he seems to be of a more practical bent than I would have suspected.  We were on the phone over an hour, and I felt much better when we were done.  I am again encouraged.  He can't make the barbeque on Saturday (Cody's graduation celebration), but he'll most likely drive up Saturday night, and we'll spend Sunday together.  I'm looking forward to seeing him.

No comments: