Thursday, June 27, 2013

A post in which my tires are fixed

So Rhonda dropped me off at work today, for a pretty average day.  Dennis is on vacation, so the write-offs won't be approved in California until next week.  That takes any pressure off me because the month will have already ended.

She was waiting for me when I came out.  Two new tires were on the front of Gracine, for a total of $308.  Sigh.  Everything costs so much.  But it had to be done, and it's good to have decent tires on the car.  It doesn't look like we'll be taking the car to Savannah, but I need good tires anyway. 

She had also done some research on where to buy re-furbished lawn mowers.  We ran by Lowes, just because it was on the way.  They had one.  It was $180.  We decided to go to Sears.  They had a LOT (and mostly the same model, which makes me wonder), but they started at $180 and went from there.  Seriously, they had used lawn mowers they were trying to sell for $300+.  So we're looking at them and a helpful and courteous Sears employee starts talking to us.  She tells us that she has new ones on the floor starting at $170-$200.  So for a couple more dollars I could just buy a new one.  Now that seemed like a better idea - she was a good salesperson, but she got called away to do a return, which took her about a year and a half to complete.  So while we're standing there, Rhonda decides to call Sabrina to ask her advice.  She says she would start at a pawn shop. 

I was just going to do it tonight - because of the monsoon rains, the grass grows several inches per day - it is never-ending just trying to keep up this year.  Because it wasn't mowed last weekend the yard is ridiculously overgrown already.  But if I'm going to buy a freakin new one anyway, it doesn't really matter when I do it.  I can do that any time, and probably get one cheaper than at Sears.  So we left.  I was frustrated, but decided to put this off until Saturday.  I can certainly understand why Sears isn't selling any re-furbished mowers, since they're the same freakin' price as the new ones.  Sigh. 

Rhonda wasn't hungry, and I didn't know what I wanted for supper, so we drove aimlessly around Greenville for a while.  The boys were having dinner out, but they never start until 7:30 (8pm in GST/gay standard time) so you're just there forever, and I was tired.  In the end, we just went back to Adam's Bistro.  I love their food, and while I rebel inside at the thought of paying $8 for a tuna sandwich, it is one of my favorites, and that's as cheap a meal as I can get anywhere out and be happy.  I also got another idea for re-creating their pasta salad tonight...

After supper I just dropped Rhonda at home.  I had been up late last night, and I was tired.  Plus I've gained enough weight that all my work pants cut off my circulation by the end of the day.  I wanted OUT of those.  I wanted to just go to bed.  But when I got in I realized I didn't have enough fruit for lunch tomorrow, so I had to go back out to the store.  Sigh.  At least I got to change into something comfortable first. 

So I got my fruit, did the chores I couldn't put off, and fell in the bed.  I was asleep almost immediately.

No comments: