Friday, June 14, 2013

A post in which it is Friday

I

had a lot to do.

At home anyway.  I am pretty much caught up at work, and Alan was out of the office today, so I had a quiet afternoon feeling vaguely guilty about not doing account reconciliations.  I finally got motivated and did the ones for the big agency before I left.  The other agency, of course, didn't send their account lists, although they were due today.

Traffic, unfortunately, was snarled in every direction.  There had been a wreck on 85, and there is just no way off Pelham Road when that happens.  I made it to Woodruff Road after an hour or so. Oy.  Since I was already behind, I just decided to go on to the library.  I had some things I needed to turn in, and a fine to pay.  I looked through a very interesting book on pastries and desserts, specifically the chapters on meringues and meringue icings.  I'm thinking seriously about tackling Swiss or Italian buttercream in the near future.  Then I got caught up in a book called Southern Sides.  That one was interesting - some of it sounded great, and some of it sounded ridiculous.  Many of the recipes included ingredients I am quite sure most Southererners have never seen, much less eaten.  And when I got home I went to get gas for the mower. 

I had been involved in a complicated negotiation as to the logistics of getting Jody to the house to mow tomorrow.  He didn't want to come Sunday because it was Father's Day, which I understood, but that made for a very busy Saturday for yours truly.  Laura told me that they would be downtown early Saturday, and they would drop him off, which would save me time.  If everything went well, I should be able to get everything in.

But for tonight, I (finally) ate the bulgarian pepper and cheese delight out of the fridge for supper, and settled in with a Golden Girls marathon to fool around on the computer for way too long before turning in. 

No comments: