Thursday, June 20, 2013

A post in which Rhondee is here

I love mornings when Rhonda is at the house.  It's lovely to have someone to chat with while I get ready for work.  I was ready early, filled up the car with gas on the way in, and set her loose.

I had a good day at work, and got the twit report done in record time.  I did all my calls, and followed up interviewing collection agencies, which I've been needing to do and putting off.  I was in a great mood when I left the office.

Rhonda was waiting.  I figured she would want Tortilla Maria tonight (she's been reading about it online), but she said she wasn't feeling good and just wanted to be dropped at home.  I hated that for her, but of course I dropped her off.

I went home to heat up Chinese noodles.   I had gotten a free lunch at work today so hadn't eaten mine.  I had some Gardein mandarin orange chicken in the freezer that needed to be used (and which I wanted), so I got it out and cooked it up first to go in my noodles and zucchini - delicious!

I wanted to wash my new shorts, so I threw them in with Rhonda's sheets.  That was the only really productive thing I did tonight.  I spent the evening fooling around online and half-watching TV.  I should have done my feet (Gary comes tomorrow, for the weekend) but I didn't feel like fooling with it.

I was lazy. 

The good, and completely unexpected news today, is that Exodus International has dis-banded.  I had read the apology issued by Alan Chambers earlier in the week with mixed reactions.  On the one hand, he did admit to the hurt Exodus has caused, and withdrew from the 'culture war'.  On the other hand there were a lot of wherefores and caveats in there.  So while I don't doubt his sincerity, and his apology was a good thing, I don't think it told many of those they had misled what they needed to hear.  Still I was quite surprised that the organization was shutting down, and basically admitting that what they did was pointless, and that the things they had told people were lies.  Not that that's the end of it, of course.  A group of those who still believe in that twisted message have formed another group oxymoronically named the 'Restored Hope Network', will continue to suck in (pun intended) and hurt the unwary and vulnerable.  But Exodus was the big gun, the centerpiece of the movement.  It's a big domino to fall. 

No comments: