Sunday, June 23, 2013

A post in which it is a fairly lazy Sunday

I was up early.  I had that yucky movie in my head and couldn't get back to sleep.  Around 5am or so, I just decided to get up so I wouldn't disturb Gary.  I went into the living room, got online, and read some reviews of 'This Is the End'.  In the end, I just had to conclude that this was a joke I wasn't going to get.  If I were more pessimistic, I would see the success of such a movie as a sign of the End of Times. 

I read some more of the Paula Deen transcript.  It seems evident that her brother is pretty much a ne'er do well, but that she loves him too much to want to admit it.  She's certainly landed in the soup over it.  When my mind got fuzzy (from the repeated question loops inherent in a deposition), I switched over to Youtube and watched some Golden Girls episodes.  I dozed for a bit during those, and woke up ravenous.  I finally decided it was time to start breakfast. 

I had planned a special breakfast this morning: biscuits with veggie sausage cream gravy and eggs.  I had saved juice for breakfast too.  I put the biscuits in to bake, cooked the sausage, and woke up Gary with the twenty minute warning.  Breakfast turned out good!  I love snausage gravy, but I hardly ever make it.  After a handsome breakfast, we hung out for a while watching telly, and then decided to lie down for a bit.  Kung Fu Panda was on, and neither of us had seen it.  We laid down to watch it, but we both ended up going to sleep.  When we woke up it was almost over. 

I felt lazy.  I really didn't feel like doing anything, but it was Gary's first full weekend off for a while, and I didn't want to just waste it.  We got cleaned up and had some sandwiches for lunch.  I looked up the details of an art exhibit downtown to find out if they were open on Sunday or not.  There had been an exhibit of Russian art downtown, complete with a Faberge egg.  I had thought it was over, but the banner was still up when we went by yesterday.  Sadly, when we got there we found that the exhibit was indeed over.  My disappointment was muted because I had found online that there had been only one egg on display, and it was one of the more 'plain' ones because it had been presented during a time of wartime austerity.  Still, it was disappointing.

We found another museum (that I didn't even know was there) was open, though, and walked over to the Upcountry History Museum.  They were having a half-price day, and while there weren't that many exhibits on offer it was educational, and it was well worth $2.50 to walk around.  We stayed there until they closed at 5, and then went to get ice cream.  I called Rhonda on the way, but she wouldn't go with us.

Gary, looking adorable in a teeny tiny forest ranger hat

We went back to Cold Stone Creamery, where we both had lovely salted caramel ice cream.  We both love it, and the flavor is delicious!  We strolled around a bit, and went in a couple of stores over at The Shops at Greenridge, but it was getting late, and Gary needed to head for home. 

We went back to the house, and he headed out.  It had been a good weekend.

I ate the rest of the snausage gravy with biscuits and eggs for supper, and watched most of Food Network Star.  The challenge was interesting tonight, and they finally got rid of the vile Danushka tonight, which was gratifying.  I disliked her so much that I had kind of backed off watching the whole show. 

No comments: