Thursday, June 6, 2013

A post in which it is a short week

I was quite surprised this morning that it was my Friday.  I mean, I knew I had the day off, but it just hadn't registered.  And I had thawed out a lunch to take to work tomorrow.  Hmmm. 

I got my bunny basket today.  There was a lot more stuff in it than I expected, but that's good.  There were, of course, four more Jurassic carrots, but I think I know what I'll do with them.  There were also two tiny, fucked-up looking lemons.  I don't get it, it's not like they're organic or anything.  Hmmmm.

I was able to leave the office pretty much on time.  I got home and wrestled everyting into the house in the rain, then stowed all the food. 

Now what I should have done was eaten some of the bounty and headed for bed.  But tonight was the boys' dinner night out and it was at Saffron. I LOVE Saffron, so on the spur of the moment I decided to go.  I changed clothes and jumped in the car.

When I got there, Russ was already there (unusually) and was not in a good mood.  After missing part of the dirt, I went to sit beside him, but he was already on to something else.  Brian was there, as were Lee and Joel.  I would be happier for them if I wasn't choking on my own envy.  It's unusual for me, and quite unattractive, but I really would just eat either one of them on a Ritz cracker.  Billy and Logan came in, and that completed the table.

Unfortunately, the service tonight was pretty slow.  One of the reasons I had decided to go out (aside from the company of course) was that I was STARVING.  But when the food came, it was good, and that was good. 

After eating more than I should, I said goodnight to the boys and toddled off to bed.  It's a big day tomorrow.

No comments: