Wednesday, June 12, 2013

A post in which I get excellent news

So today I was catching up at work - again.  That's the way it goes.  But I did get a bunch of stuff caught up, although there is at least one major thing I keep putting off.  It'll get done.  Canada continues to ignore my emails about some of the numbers, so I'm still not done with them. 

Just before I left work, I got the call from Dr. Go (himself).  The pathology reports are back, and the cyst was just that - a cyst.  No malignancy.  I was amazed that the results were back so quickly, but the doc says that there was no question or need to further examine the samples.  So that is great news.  I let Dad and Eve know immediatetly.  Then I went to pick up Rhonda and told her.  She was about as happy as I was. 

The next step is what to do about the two 'hot' lymph nodes in my armpits.  Dr. Go said that they were very small, and could be a result of drainage from the cyst.  That is what I'm inclined to think.  The choice now is whether or not we try to excise and biopsy one (they are small enough they would be hard to locate, and I don't have a great deal of faith in needle biopsies after the last time) or wait for three months and do another PET scan.  I'm inclined to wait.  Rhonda said if it was her that's what she would do.  I don't think I'll be any worse off in three months than I am now, even if it is cancer, which I doubt.  I'm just ready to be done with this for a while.  But I have time to make the decision.  I go back to have my stitches out on the 18th, and then I see Dr. Go on the 20th.  Plenty of time to decide. 

Rhonda and I headed back to my house for a shower.  They wouldn't let me shower this morning, and although I had gotten in and (carefully) washed all my naughty bumpy bits, I wanted to wash before going to supper.  Afterwards, Rhonda looked at my incision, and re-banadaged it.  It's pretty small (about an inch) so no biggie, and it looked fine.

Dinner tonight was at Lifeit Cafe.  Logan had brow-beaten the boys into going, and as I had completely expected, they were converts after the first bite.  The menu is small, but everything she makes is delicious.  Tonight I had the Lifeit Tree Sandwich with corn salad. There was another tea tonight, which was also delicious. Latrice and everyone there was just as nice as I remembered.  Rhonda had a smoothie since her tummy was off a bit.  The feature in the deli case tonight was something she called 'mac n cheese', and I also had some of that.  It was thinly sliced cabbage in a cashew 'cheese' sauce.  Although it tasted almost completely unlike macaroni and cheese, it was very good (much better than it sounds), and I enjoyed it.  The one real draw-back of the Lifeit menu is it's a bit pricey - Rhonda's smoothie was $7, and the boys meal was about $60 for the three of them.  That's pretty steep for sandiwiches.  But the food is delicious, really good for you, and made with love, so it all balances out. 

The boys gave Rhonda her birthday card tonight - I had completely forgotten her birthday!  I knew it was around this time of year, because we have celebrated it at SELF, but then it totally slipped my mind.  I'll have to do something.  Fortunately I haven't missed it.  It's tomorrow.

We closed the place down, and the boys took Rhonda home.  It was a really nice dinner, and I was in a superterrific mood because of the great news I had gotten.  I feel like a great weight has fallen off of me. 

No comments: