Thursday, June 13, 2013

A post in which it is Rhonda's birthday*

So I sent Miss Rhondee birthday greetings today, and told her whatever she wanted to do, we would do.  There was quite a list! LOL  Of course it will be fun.  I had kinda planned this weekend as downtime since Gary isn't coming and since I was so all over the place last weekend, but it's good that I'll have stuff to do.  Apparently Rhonda really enjoyed the antiquing we did Tuesday, because she wants to go and do some more of it.  That was nice, and I'm glad she enjoyed it, because I truly did.  It's not much fun to go by myself, so if she turns into an antiquing buddy that will be ideal. 

I got in touch with Jody about coming this weekend, and he's coming, but he doesn't know what day.  Sunday is Father's Day.  He wants to see his dad, which I understand, but if he comes Saturday, that kind of mooshes everything up together on the same day.  He's a very sweet boy, but between the transportation thing, and his not really being old enough to be there by himself, it's almost more trouble than it's worth.  When he comes to work on a weekend, it eats half the weekend being there to see to him.  Of course if I weren't so bone-idle I could get off my ass and do a lot of it myself.

Sunday will be more laid back.  I have cooking to do.  I have some zucchini left from my basket last week, and I'm going to do a stir-fry/fried rice with it for next week's lunches.  I also have green beans that need to be cooked.  I won't be seeing my dad, since he and Eve are on their three-week tour of New England, but I gave him his card before he left. 

When I got off work today I had to go by the store for a couple of things.  Of course since I was looking for something particular, Aldi didn't have it.  After that it kind of became a thing that I wouldn't pay retail.  I bought a small refill of hand soap at the dollar store, and then went on to Big Lots since it stopped raining (yes, it was raining yet again). 

I really should have eaten the lunch that I thawed out for last Friday for dinner tonight (I'm eating yucky carrot soup this week for lunch), but I really didn't want that.  I had some sandwich stuff that needed to be eaten, so I made a tofurkey club instead, and ate some of the chips I bought last week.  I usually don't keep chips in the house, but these are so salty I can't eat but a few at a time.  So they have now lasted through two meals, with some left!  Since I used some of the lettuce Eve gave me out of their fridge before they left, it was kind of like killing two birds.  Amazingly, I have used almost everything she gave me.

I had laundry that needed doing, so I folded a load and did two more.  I was tired, but I stayed up until the second load could go in the dryer before I turned in.  I watched Chopped and played Angry Birds while I waited... 

No comments: