Monday, June 10, 2013

A post in which it is back to work

I went back to the usual backup that accumulates on my desk when I have the temerity to take a day off.  I set about clearing things out and actually had a very productive day.  I'm hung up on Canada this month.  They were mid-merger at month end, and I can't seem to get their numbers finished up.  But I'm close.

After work it was off to pick up Rhonda.  She's staying the night with me so she can do to the doctor with me tomorrow.  I'm finally having that cyst out of my back.  I could probably do without her, but she told me if I wanted her there she would go, and I want her there.  Besides, it's always fun when she stays over. 

We went by the grocery store for me to pick up things to finish dishes I have in my head for produce.  Tonight it was 'Billy mushroom' open-faced sandwiches on sourdough bread, topped with swiss cheese melted under the broiler.  I guess that's more of a winter-time meal, but they were delicious.  Eve had passed me a few mushrooms in her stuff, so I put them with the others I bought and used those up.  I had the excellent sourdough bread in the freezer.  Rhonda really enjoyed that.  She had been reading about Billy mushrooms (a recipe my friend Billy made for me once that I fell in love with:  mushrooms sauteed with thyme and fresh garlic, with the pan de-glazed three times - with tamari, lemon juice, and white wine - they are gorgeously delicious) on the blog, and wanted some.  We had some of the cucumber tomato salad to go with, and it was a nice meal.

I was quite surprised to find that it was almost 9pm by the time I made dinner, we ate, and I got the kitchen cleaned up.  I had planned to take Rhonda out for dessert or something, but she was fine.  We visited for a bit longer, and then I turned in. 

No comments: