Tuesday, June 18, 2013

A post in which the stitches come out

I woke up about 1:30am today, having been dreaming vividly about Grandma Shumate.  That is unusual, and since she's 92 now, I always wonder why when it happens.  The last time it did, I called Dad to check on her, and felt rather foolish explaining why.  Dad and Eve are in New England right now, but if something happened, I guess I would find out about it.  I decided to let it lie.

I had write-offs to to today, and got all the small ones done.  Thank goodness there weren't as many as last month!  Accounts, however, continue to flow into my area at a mildly alarming rate.  $270k last month, and $136k so far this month.  To put that in perspective, I got $3M in placements in all of last year.  So that's 13% of last year's volume in about 45 days.  Part of that is moving some of the decisons to Manila employees.  Job security for me, I suppose...

Today I went to the surgeon to have my stitches out.  That went without incident - I barely felt it.  So steri-strips for another week, and then I can go back to scrubbing my back.  It amazes me how deft nurses are.  Afterwards the surgeon came in.  He told me that what he took out was just a cyst, which I knew.  I told him that Dr. Go was still on the fence about whether or not to try to biopsy one of the small spots under my arms, or wait 90 days and then re-scan.  Dr. Mann said he would wait the 90 days.  The spots are so small that it would be difficult to even excise them, and he said he would "probably get the wrong one" anyway.  He also told me that three months one way or the other wouldn't affect my prognosis, or how it was treated if indeed the cancer had come back.  His opinion, though, was that it had not come back.  Fair enough.  I see Dr. Go on Friday, and I am pretty sure that I will just wait.  I have had my fill of doctors and procedures.

After work, I just went on home.  I was hungry.  I ate the green beans that I made last night, and made a redneck salad (really just an excuse to eat thousand island dressing and cheese with croutons).  I watched a Chopped marathon and messed around on the computer until bedtime. 

No comments: