Wednesday, June 19, 2013

A post in which I go get Rhondee

So I was dreaming intently again last night.  I don't remember about what, but there has been a whole lotta dreamin' goin' on lately.

I got my little write-offs back at work today, and got them in for proecssing.  I'm actually ahead on my month this month, which is unusual.  I had enough time today that I decided to clean my desk up some.  My desk is a dusty, nasty, rat's nest, and it's gotten to the point that it's actually kind of embarrassing. It looks SO much better.  And it will be nice to be working in a place that doesn't look like a public health hazard.

The agency sent Steve to take me to lunch today.  Don also came down from the New York office.  Steve is kind of a challenge, as I have relayed previously.  It is nice to have someone else to help carry the conversation.  I made them go for Japanese today (we went to Irashiai).  I just got them both bento boxes, and they seemed happy enough.  Apparently Don is a confirmed meat n' potatoes man (so apparently they have those up North too), but he actually tried some broiled green-lipped mussels, and I guess he liked them because he ate two.  Steve was driving better than usual, so despite that we went further for lunch than we usually do, I didn't feel as much that I was risking life and limb to do so.  He ran over some median indicators, but I guess that's what they're there for, right?

After work I went to get Rhonda.  She has a hair appointment tomorrow, so she's taking the car for the day.  I had thought we would just go home, but I got a wild hair.  THE look for this season seems to be dusty pink/salmon-y colored shorts.  I first saw Logan rockin' a pair, and then saw Russ in them.  For some reason I just decided today that I HAD to have a pair.  I sent Gary a text, and they have them at Belk's, so when I picked up Rhondee it was off to the mall. 

After refreshing ourselves with a cup of pretzels and two drinks (for 12 freakin' dollars!!) we headed for Belk's.  They did indeed have the shorts I wanted, but they didn't have any in my size.  After making a real effort, I conceded defeat and headed for Dillard's.  They had four pairs in my size, and after a bit of a kerfuffle, we narrowed it down to two, and I bought a pair.  It took longer than I thought, but I emerged triumphant.

Rhonda had decreed that she would provide dinner tonight, and she did - one of my favorite meals:  Fresh Market pimento cheese with crostini and grape tomatoes.  Delicious!!  I did feel a little bad, because I know she used her birthday Fresh Market gift card to get the food, but she insisted, and the money had already been spent, so I settled in to enjoy.  I put in The Cat Returns tonight.  She hadn't seen it, and I thought she would enjoy it.  She seemed to. 

By the time the movie was over, it was time for bed.  It was a nice evening. 

No comments: