Monday, June 24, 2013

A post in which I am hurting

I woke up feeling like crap on a cracker this morning.  I used to blame that feeling on Epstein-Barr,  but these days I'm not sure.  It could be because I didn't use my allergy spray over the weekend.  I've notices that when I don't use it there's a backlash.  I guess it could be because of all the white flour and stuff I ate over the weekend.  I ate a bunch of indulgent food that I don't usually eat.  Whatever the reason, I woke up groggy and drug out.  I probably wouldn't have gone to work, but I had write-offs to do, and Joe was coming in from New York to take me to lunch today.  It would have been pretty shitty not to be in the office when he got there.

When I got to work I realized that I had put on a pair of khakis that had a big tear right beside the zipper.  Fortunately, Larney had a sewing kit in her desk, so I slipped into the locker room and whip-stitched them back together.  The tear was really too big to fix (the pants are a loss, and I'll have to get rid of them) but it was better than walking around with my schwanzstucker hangin' out. 

Joe came down from New York to see me this week.  We had planned the visit, but I can't help but wonder if they are a little nervous about my hiring a new agency.  There are no plans to replace them, but their work on the Canadian accounts has been a bit sub-par.  They also know that the new agency I'm hiring has several offices in Canada, and may be better equipped to work up there.  We went to Irashiai, and Joe was much more comfortable with it than Steve or Don were last week. We had a nice lunch and a good talk.  Things are going well for Joe, and I'm glad for him.  He's a nice guy.

By the end of the day I hurt all over, I had things I had to do before I could go home.  I went by Petsmart and picked up cat food, since I'm nearly out.  I also went by the grocery store.  When I got home I had to do a load of darks because I had work pants in there that had to be washed, and I'm low on socks.  I got the laundry going and made a salad for dinner.  But I was dragging.  I had to fold a load of laundry out of the dryer so I could get the clothes in there, but as soon as I finished eating I got ready for bed.  I put the clothes in the dryer and turned in.  I took a pain pill too.  I haven't felt this bad in a long time, and coming on top of the 'hot spots' that remain from my PET scan, it's scary. 

No comments: