Tuesday, June 25, 2013

A post in which I get my hairs did

I felt better today.  I got to work, tucked in, and got my big write-offs done. 

Tonight was the night I went to see Russ.  It was overdue, to say the least.  I have embraced having Pentecostal hair, but it was at the point that I had to either get it cut or become a televangelist.  Of course since I had to leave work on the dot to make it to the shop on time, traffic was incredibly snarled.  Sigh.


I got to the shop sooner than I thought I would though.  I caught up with Russ while he gave me a fantastic new haircut.  The last time I was there I didn't know what I wanted.  This time I did. 

Russ has a new barber working in the shop with him named Josh.  Josh is cute as a bug and had GREAT hair.  Unfortunately he is covered in tattoos (I mean even too many for me), and has saggy Spam-thread ears from having those big ear-stretcher things.  I found out later that he really is a completely new barber, having just passed the exam.  He's super-nice, though, and seems to have a great attitude.  He tried to fix my hair like his after I complimented him, but it was too short, and I don't have as much hair as he does.  Still, it was a nice thing to do. 

Afterwards we adjourned to Adam's Bistro for another of their scrumptious tuna melts.  That is my favorite sandwich and theirs is one of the very best.  Of course I had some more of their incomparable (and thus far un-replicatable) orzo pasta salad.  Delicious! To make things that much better, our waiter was a guy we know named Brad, who is that rare combination in a gay guy (or indeed in any guy) - cute as a bug, smart, funny, and nice (plus unsubstantiated hot n' juicy gossip has it that he has no reason to be embarrassed in the locker room, if you know what I mean and I think you do).  His lover is one lucky hombre. 

Billy and Logan met Russ and I for dinner.  It's always good to see them, visit, and catch up.  I miss them.  But we have the pool party coming up this weekend, and then several days in Savannah together.  Russ revealed a plan for us to all ride to Savannah together, and it seems like it will work.

After supper we went to Bruster's for ice cream.  They have their own salted caramel/toffee flavor, which was quite good, but not as good as Cold Stone.  Russ, Logan, and I were all wearing our pink shorts, which another Bruster's patron pointed out.  It was funny, but both of their shorts are cooler than mine, which are too pink.  I'm thinking about bleaching them, but that could be complicated in the new fancy washer...

It was a really nice evening, I got a great haircut, saw my boys, caught up with a friend, and had ice cream.  How can you ask for more than that?

No comments: