Monday, June 17, 2013

A post in which I am surprised at the depth of my brokeness

Should that be 'breadth'?  Not sure.

So I get to work early today, as I usually do on Monday (don't hate), and settled in to balance my checkbook and see where I was for the week. 

I was in the hole.

I mean, I knew I was in the hole, but that hole was a lot deeper than I was anticipating.  So although it certainly didn't SEEM like I had been throwing money around like a drunken sailor all weekend, my checkbook certainly seemed to think that I had. 

Shit adds up.

The big deal is that I'm going to have to buy yet another lawn mower (grrrrrrrrrr) and I took money out to do that on Sunday.  I didn't find a mower, but of course that money is already sucked out now, isn't it?  So I decided not to get a bunny basket this week.  I don't need more out-lay at the mo, and I am not convinced it is such a fantastic deal any more.  It's too much, too fast, and then I have to figure out how to eat it all before it spoils.  I mean it's good that I'm kind of under pressure not to go out to eat (particularly at the mo), but then again that's kind of tiresome too.

Case in point, I had some green beans left out of my last basket that I hadn't fixed that were a week and a half in the fridge (and who knows how long before?).   I washed them tonight and realized that I HAD to cook them because they were just almost gone.  So I cooked them. 

In other, better news, I was invited to a bear party at Steve's on the 30th.  That will be fun :)  He has such a great area for entertaining, and Gary will be here too.

I got the makings for salads tonight on the way home (since I have a head of Romaine in the fridge), and finished up the last of a quiche I had in the fridge for dinner.  So OK, it's prolly a good thing that I'm eating more salad. 

I folded laundry and did a load of towels.  I cleaned up the kitchen, cut fruit for tomorrow, and generally got things settled in the fridge.  I put away my beans. 
There was NOTHING on TV tonight.  Bleah.  Nada.  So I put in a DVD I had gotten from t
he library onThe Hermitage.  Pretty impressive stuff.  Of course, you have to remember that things like that can only be accomplished on the pain, forced labor, and misery of masses of people.  Not to mention the pillage and plundering of a number of countries and cultural heritages to boot.  Which is a shame, because it's really lovely. 

No comments: