Saturday, September 1, 2012

A post in which it is a lovely Savannah day

I was up before anyone but Rob, which wasn't that surprising.  I'm usually the first one up (I run with a bunch of slugabeds), and they were all up later than I was last night.  Rob played on the computer while I turned on telly and enjoyed the peace for a while.  There would be plenty of noise and hustle later.

I went to take a dip in the pool, first with just Canyon the dog for company, but when Billy got up he joined me.  I had looked at it longingly yesterday, but since no one wanted to go in with me (and Jo Ann wasn't able) I hadn't gone in last night.

When folks got up, I talked Rhonda into making some coffee, and Billy made omelets for breakfast - delicious!  After a bit, Russ put together a shopping trip.  It seems to take forever to get folks actually moving, and just as we were about to walk out the door, Miss Kat, Dana, Lori, and JP came in.  We greeted them and headed on out. 

We seem to end up going to Tuesday Morning when we're in Savannah. They have a good one there.  Russ is looking for end-tables to go with their new sofa, and I always enjoy having a good rummage through.  It's a small store, but they have a lot of stuff in there.  Russ got Rhonda some clothes, and I ended up with a set of canisters and a water-proof cigarette case.  As we were headed back, we stopped in to a place that looked a lot like Marshall's Home Store in Greenville, but it wasn't a Marshall's.  They had a large selection of book boxes (boxes decoratively made to resemble large books).  I had been looking for some, and picked out some really nice ones.  We had a good time looking at everything. 

On the way back we stopped at the liquor store for tequila.  We were having strawberry margaritas tonight (Yay!).  The guy at Largo Beverage was the nicest liquor store guy I think I have ever met.  We got the tequila, and ended up getting some cake vodka to make 'pineapple upside down cake' drinks also.

We got back to the house and jumped in the pool to cool off.  Lori started making drinks.  Rob was working up the low-country boil.  When supper was ready we sat down to feast.  It was a good meal, and the company was congenial.  As I was finishing up, Jo Ann's son BJ came in.  I don't remember if I had met BJ before or not (I'm inclined to think not), but WOOF he is one sexy redneck boy, and I just loves me a redneck boy.  So I was trying not to leer and be the creepy gay guy.  Plus it just seemed disrespectful to Jo Ann and Rob's hospitality to be drooling over her son.  He had come to get Izzie.  He stayed around to visit for a while after supper, but eventually took her home. 

We all stayed up to visit and talk for a while, but eventually I just had to go on to bed.  It had been another good day, but a busy one, and I was tired.

No comments: