Sunday, September 23, 2012

A post in which it is a glorious Fall Sunday

I slept like a doorstop, and was up feeling refreshed about nine.  I was lying there in the bed, blissfully thinking that I didn't have to go anywhere this morning, when I remembered that I was out of garlic.  I had fudged my way through the potatoes yesterday with the last of it by just adding some extra onion, but my beans wouldn't be as good with none.  So I got up and went to the flea market.  Again, I was too early and I didn't find any treasures today, but that was fine.  I have a bunch of crap in the house that needs to be put up now. 

I got back to the house and breakfasted like a king: scrambled eggs with fresh tomatoes and sage goat cheese, toasted multi-grain bread rounds, and a small bowl of the potatoes I made yesterday, accompanied by iced coffee.  Scrumptious!

After breakfast I started snapping beans.  I put them on to cook and then changed the sheets and started getting ready.  In the meantime, I had a text from Logan.  The ladies had gone back to Atlanta, and they were going shopping for Halloween costume accessories today.  I met them out at Spirit Halloween and we looked around.  They are going as characters from Adventure Time, which is cool (Russ likes costumes that go together), but my criteria for costumes is different.  I want something comfortable and that doesn't require a lot of makeup.  I'm going as Hugh Hefner this year.  The bonus is that the robe will have pockets.  Yay me. 

When we got out of there, we were all hungry for lunch, and went over to Red Robin for me to claim my free birthday burger.  It's free all during the month of your birthday, but I've been too busy to get it before today.  Our server was great, and the food was also.  We ended up with a bonus salad and extra fries, both of which I ate.  So much for being good and ordering a salad with my burger. 

After lunch we went downtown for a walk.  The day was just goldenly gorgeous and the weather was fine.  Despite all the time I had spent on my feet this morning, I was game.  Now I was picturing a leisurely stroll down Main Street, perhaps stopping at Mass General for some candy or a vintage flavor soda.  Oh no.  They are all aerobicizing now because of the diet.  It ended up more like a forced march than a leisurely stroll.  But it was beautiful, and we did get in behind the Peace Center, where they have completed tearing out and re-doing.  It really is nice back there again, although the stage they have put in looks oddly large and elaborate for such a small space.  I was rescued from a foot tour of Greenville County when Logan got a text from his parents reminding him that he was meeting them for dinner in Anderson.  We scrambled back to Russ's new (and beautiful) new truck to get him home.   

We relaxed for a bit.  I was glad to get off my feet.  Russ and I spent a little time on the porch.  When we went back in we were just flipping around to see what to watch when the movie Ticked-Off Trannies with Knives came up.  It's a B-cinema (or possibly C or D cinema) movie that really only came to notice because one of the stars, Willam Belli, was on RuPaul's Drag Race last year.  They had it on Netflix, so we watched it.  It was entertaining, Kill Bill-esque in places and Spit On Your Grave-esque in others.  Some parts were kind of artsy, and some parts it was a real drag (pardon the awful pun, but parts really were excruciatingly and superfluously detailed), but it was entertaining.  I enjoyed it more than Cabin.  I'm just sayin'. 

We were so caught up in it, and had enjoyed such a large lunch, that we forgot all about having dinner.  But when the movie was over it was after nine.  I went home, had a snack, and turned in.  I was really glad I had gotten all my chores done before I left the house today.

No comments: