Wednesday, September 5, 2012

A post in which I get some bad news

I worked on month end.  Carla has been super Johnny-on-the-spot after leaving me in the lurch last month, which is good.

I had a little time to catch up my check book from the weekend.  Wow.  I spent a lot more money than I thought I did, considering that we didn't really go out to eat or anything in Savannah.  Some of it was online shopping.  I did buy some eye cream that came today. 

I finally tried some of the crock pot spaghetti today.  It is surprisingly quite decent.  I'll be making it again.  It was a lot less trouble than making regular spaghetti, and softer noodles really aren't a big huge issue for me.  I think you could make whatever sauce you wanted (a tomato sauce or veggie sauce that is), bring it to a boil, add about a cup and a half of water, and just bung the noodles in for a half an hour.  I don't see why it wouldn't work. 

I had bad news today from Eve.  As they were leaving Charleston, she went to Cindy and Paul's house.  Cindy called the cops on her, and she's under trespass notice now.  Sigh.  So another chapter of the pain is written, another wound to be endlessly discussed and picked at, another link in the rosary of hurt that she just can't seem to put down; unfolding in particularly Jerry Springer-esque fashion to boot.  I am SO tired of all of this.  I thought about calling Lisa to give her the heads-up, but we'll all be hearing about it ad nauseam, and Ava's birthday party is on the 15th.  I'll have to re-live it for at least the next month, each Tuesday.  So I gave her a break, at least from me.

I left work on time.  Went by Publix to pick up some odds and ends I had missed during my more targeted than usual run on Monday.  I picked up a store-brand Caesar salad for supper.  I had a little left-over wedge of Parmesan cheese in the fridge from something, and decided to grate it over my salad.  I got out my special round-y hand-grater like they have at Carrabbah's.  It looks just like theirs, but it is Pampered Chef brand.  I bought it with the idea of effortlessly shaving carrots for carrot cake - a task at which it has proven worthless (plus it was a total pain in the ass to clean).  But this was it's chance to shine - this was supposedly the purpose for which it was made - and it sucked at this too.  So I don't know if they're using a different kind of grater, or all have the forearms of silver back gorillas, but it just Plain. Didn't. Work.  I'm getting rid of it and getting a microplane.  I saw one this past weekend and talked myself out of it. 

The Pampered Chef grater - worthless - and twenty freakin' dollars.  I'm glad I didn't pay that for mine!

I folded the huge load of laundry from last night, and put in the shirt I wore today (which had a crock pot spaghetti stain right on the front).  Then when I was eating I squirted grape tomato guts all over the front of the t-shirt I had on.  So I put that one in too.

Yep, it's the life of an internet stud.

No comments: