Monday, September 3, 2012

A post in which it is time to go home*

Sadly, it was all over today.  I had told Rhonda that we would leave as soon as I could get up and get mobile, and we did.  I wanted to beat the traffic, and had thought that without having to pack and stuff (I was really unprepared for this trip up front) that we would be able to leave pretty early, but that didn't turn out to be the case.

We got going in a reasonable amount of time, and after some brief scramble-brainedness from the GPS we were on our way.  We missed most of the traffic, thankfully.  We ran into a little snarl around Walterboro (some driver distracted by too much 'Rock!'ing one would presume), but we were out of that pretty quickly.  We ran in and out of rain all the way back, but made pretty good time.  We stopped in Columbia and had lunch with my mother just too see her for a minute since I was so close. 

Time seems to move better in the car when I have a companion.  We were home surprisingly quickly, and I dropped Rhonda off.  She seemed to have had  a really good time.  I know I did.  I"m glad we were able to go.

On the way home, after a debate with myself, I stopped by the grocery store for the makings for lunches.  I could have just gotten sandwich stuff, but I had a new crock pot spaghetti recipe that I really wanted to try.  So I bought all the veggies and headed home.

There was a lot to do, and I was home later than I wanted to be (5:30), but I chopped everything up and threw it in the crock pot, then got on with other things, unpacking, laundry, cat chores, and I had to eat something for supper.  So before bed I was faced with a quandary.  Should I put my noodles in the crock pot now, or wait until the morning?  The recipe had said that it took 25 minutes for the pasta to cook, but I was highly skeptical.  I ran the stick blender through all the veggies, added some water, and went on to bed.  I had spent about all evening working (I did have a buddy run by for a minute), but I was pretty much ready for the week.

No comments: